SAU Community

R32 Gtr Has Constant AWD

R32 Gtr Has Constant AWD

Hi guys, 4WD light is on but my car is constantly awd, I pulled out both awd fuses and it was still sending power to the front wheels, (I had the car on a hoist). I have found that the awd bleeder connector in the driver side kick panel is there but there is no plug or wires coming from the boot into it. There is also a small loom cut before the pump in the boot. I noticed when the car was on the hoist on the front right wheel was spinning the same speed as the rears but the front left was stopped. Also when I took the car around the shop it would shutter when turning and if you accelerated a little and backed off it would clunk harshly.
Any ideas?

It's definitely electrical, the loom to bleed is cut, there's a loom in the boot that's cut just before the fluid reservoir, also there is a grey 2 pin plug that has been cut underneath the car where the motor is. i had to bleed the system by turning the car on and off a couple of times. I will get some more photos tomorrow

If i jack my car up all 4 wheels off the ground and flick the switch on my 4wd controller to 2wd (same as pulling the fuse) I still get some front wheel rotation however nothing on the torque split gauge and you can grab the front wheels and hold them stationary. flick the switch back to 4wd however and as soon as the clutch it let out torque gauge will show some reading and front wheels won't let themselves be stopped.

My Guess is your 4wd isn't engaging at all, hence the light being on on the dash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...