SAU Community

R32 GTR Stock Dyno Curve

TXSquirrel

48 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Thank you!  Many curves there to give me good data points!  Except the curves in kw show kph at the bottom instead of rpm, and I'm incapable of converting that even assuming it's pulled on 4th gear.  :7_sweat_smile:

Edited by TXSquirrel

Ahh I see, so the limit is the head bolts and not the gasket.  

My -9s are maxing out at 17.5 psi, more than that it's getting knocks because air is too hot.  So if the 28 years old head bolts can take 350kw, I will invest in a good intercooler and see if I can push to 20 psi.

24 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

That doesn't sound right.

time to look at your tune

That is fresh off the dyno, and the knock happens at the top of 1st and 2nd gear.  Still has plenty of injector to go, and we fill tank with fresh petrol just to be sure, still knocking.  Plugs are iridium heat range 7 gap to 0.036" / 0.9mm.  We could get 415whp / 310kw consistently with no knock at all at 17.5 psi, but not more.  I would guess room temperature was about 85F / 30C, so whatever that gets turned into with fans blowing.  Both coolant and oil temp was around 190F / 88C.  Conclusion is charged air getting too hot with factory intercooler.  

I think that's pretty good power at 17.5 psi, but kind of wish it could go to 20 psi.  Curve is identical to factory setup until 4000 rpm, so that tells me nothing major has gone wrong.  What's -9s optimum range anyways...?  

I'm thinking Plazmaman, but I'm not sure if that's too big for -9s at 76mm thick.  Greddy's is 70mm thick and HPI is 72mm.