SAU Community

Concrete floor coating

Concrete floor coating

Hey all,

Moving into a new place in a week or two and it has an extremely clean concrete garage floor. I have a very good ability to make a huge mess whenever i work on cars and this time around i would like to try and seal the floor so any dropped oils etc dont stain the floor like they have in my current house. Has anyone ever done this before? There seems to be so many products out there so just looking for some first hand experience.

Another thing to note is that this house is a rental and i will only be in it for about 18 months before relocating again, so not looking to do the full professional epoxy coating (although that would be the best solution)

Thanks

You'd need to get permission from the realestate to do it.
I work at a concrete formwork company. There is a clear sealer you can checkout that is oil repellant but it costs a mint that might help, check the tds. Colortec Max /Colorfresh Intensive but its expensive approx $2-300 ex gst. for 5litres. If its a rental you'd proably want something on top of it also cause the realestates love taking rentals to the cleaners at the end of leases.
We just got brunted with dealing with having to clean a place that had a condition report 10+ years old! Theyre ruthless. So make sure you get permission if your gonna paint anything.