• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Home Built By Jeff

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Hey guys,

I have not been an active member here for quite a long time, but I have owned a bunch of Turbo Nissan's over the years, including my R33 which featured in HPI magazine many years ago now. 

I was out of the game for a while doing the sensible adult thing, but now I have finally come back to what I love, cars. I know this is not technically a Skyline, so if I am no longer welcome I understand. I have always had a thing for the 240Z's, and around 12 months ago I found a very clean (and stupidly expensive) 240. 

This week I have finally been able to start work on it. I bought it as someone else's project, that they tore apart, but never got around to doing much beyond that. I saw a diamond in the rough, as it was a complete car (well all the bits are there) and it has almost zero rust. I know lots think that, but the shell is amazingly clean.

I have been working on another project, a '73 Porsche 911 RSR inspired build, for a while now and documenting it all in my YouTube channel. I have reached a stopping point as I am waiting for custom engine parts, so this means it is time for the Z. I first needed to replace the front wheel bearings on the 911 so I could put wheels on it and move it out of the way. I then got into doing a stocktake on my Z to see what it needed, and start formulating a plan for the build.

Here is the episode.

Robzilla32    218

Looks like an awesome project. I think you will find there is plenty of Z car love on this forum so keep the episodes coming.

• Like 1

Home Built By Jeff    6
  • Topic Author
  • 7 minutes ago, Robzilla32 said:

Looks like an awesome project. I think you will find there is plenty of Z car love on this forum so keep the episodes coming.

Thanks mate. There is something about the classic cars that is cool. This car, the way I plan on building it at least, will never be considered fast, but it will sound great and be that kind of classic cool.

GTofuS-T    1,659

Subscribed! 

Looks to be an awesome build to come. Quality video too, jealous of your garage!

• Like 1

Home Built By Jeff    6
  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

Subscribed! 

Looks to be an awesome build to come. Quality video too, jealous of your garage!

Thanks mate. The garage is the benefit of living in whoop whoop. Plenty of space ;) 

• Like 1

PranK    1,106

Nice! This looks great!

On 18/09/2017 at 11:32 AM, Home Built By Jeff said:

I know this is not technically a Skyline, so if I am no longer welcome I understand.

Bah! Everybody is welcome! :welcome: 

• Like 1