SAU Community

Designing an Entry Turbo kit for v36 @450HP

mybrains

The Stillen kit is a proven unit and produces about 300 - 320 kw so no built engine required. It is apparently a relatively easy job to do at home and all you would need on top is probably a better clutch. It comes with a standard map or a tuneable chip (probably better) so if the latter budget for a tune.

I know several people in Australia who went the stillen route. But with the stock original stillen kit you will only get around 280kw, and the stock kit is very bad in design and dangerous for your motor. Just do some research on it.

If you want to make 300-320kw on the stillen kit you have to switch to A2A setup which there kits available for you to convert the Stillen to A2A. Then and only then will you have a chance at 300-320kw. And ontop of that, there is alot of issues with the reliability of having the kit operate as such.

I know more than 2 people in Australia who went that route and all the trouble with it. One of them has already ditched the Stillen + A2A upgrade for a turbo kit all together.

Oh and if you want to know how much better a turbo kit is than the stillen supercharger, just read here aswell:

https://specialtyz.com/blog/?p=2887

But if you want to keep costs down to minimum and want the ease of install, and do not care about expanding power further then for sure go the Supercharger route.

5 hours ago, wizlb said:

A guy on FB Infiniti Australia Q60... using E85 produced these numbers 

A655ABCE-3CD2-482F-A84E-AF106DA70890.jpeg

Very nice, is that with the VQ37 or the new VR30DETT infiniti Q60?

Is it Stillen+A2A kit or is that with a turbo kit?

Could you give me a link to it, I would love to see more deets, where he had it built/tuned etc.

Thank you.

20 hours ago, shadow85 said:

I know several people in Australia who went the stillen route. But with the stock original stillen kit you will only get around 280kw, and the stock kit is very bad in design and dangerous for your motor. Just do some research on it.

If you want to make 300-320kw on the stillen kit you have to switch to A2A setup which there kits available for you to convert the Stillen to A2A. Then and only then will you have a chance at 300-320kw. And ontop of that, there is alot of issues with the reliability of having the kit operate as such.

I know more than 2 people in Australia who went that route and all the trouble with it. One of them has already ditched the Stillen + A2A upgrade for a turbo kit all together.

Oh and if you want to know how much better a turbo kit is than the stillen supercharger, just read here aswell:

https://specialtyz.com/blog/?p=2887

But if you want to keep costs down to minimum and want the ease of install, and do not care about expanding power further then for sure go the Supercharger route.

Your link doesn't tell us anything about the TT set up. No-one doubts that a good TT system will produce good performance - the challenge is getting it in the space available and for a competitive price. The supercharger option already is not cheap - how much is the TT option and do you have any pics?

3 hours ago, wizlb said:

Hey Shadow ... It’s the new Q60 and I believe it’s a red sport ... 

Kiwi, I will get those specs for you..

Well the new Q60 RS is a different motor all together. Uses a VR30DETT engine, they moved away from the VQ37. Unfortunately Nissan has not adopted that engine yet in any of their veichles although SEMA has converted one of their Nissan 370Zs to this new VR motor.

3 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Your link doesn't tell us anything about the TT set up. No-one doubts that a good TT system will produce good performance - the challenge is getting it in the space available and for a competitive price. The supercharger option already is not cheap - how much is the TT option and do you have any pics?

TT setup is not cheap at all. If you go via the RevZone or CRD package, they have a walk in walk out price of roughly $16K. But that does not include any supporting mods, you want reliability and safety you will be adding, oil coolers, exhaust system, fuel system, injectors/pump, maybe upgrade radiator, clutch if manual, trans cooler if auto. Possibly alot more like I did.

SC is much cheaper, but not as potent as the TT builds going around.

9 hours ago, shadow85 said:

Very nice, is that with the VQ37 or the new VR30DETT infiniti Q60?

Is it Stillen+A2A kit or is that with a turbo kit?

Could you give me a link to it, I would love to see more deets, where he had it built/tuned etc.

Thank you.

Can you link me to this infinit fb group please?

51 minutes ago, wizlb said:

If you want to save some money, I still get a high-performance car, buy the Infiniti Q60 sports 300 and just adding these mods will push the car past 450 at the wheels ..

CAI, 

LDP

2.5 or 3 exhaust 

Hear exchanger

Ecutek tune!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1446645935357503/?ref=share

I don't facebook. That car is a twin turbo V6 which is a long way away (in dollars as well as anything else) from a VQ35de. And as we all know its easy to make more power from a turbo-ed engine. The initial challenge was to get more from an  n/a 3.5 engine at a low cost. Not sure where the money saving bit comes in???

• Like 1

Big assumption there Champ, be a pretty pissy turbo kit doing 450 at the flywheel.

Even so, NA guys are only getting around 320 ATW on a Dyno Jet in the US & that's with long tubes & all the Fruit, etc.

If you assume a 20% loss, so 450 - 90 = 360. Still, thats 40 hp more than so called bolt ons will get you. 

Getting that power NA is not cheap either.

26 minutes ago, mycarhasposessedme said:

Big assumption there Champ, be a pretty pissy turbo kit doing 450 at the flywheel.

Even so, NA guys are only getting around 320 ATW on a Dyno Jet in the US & that's with long tubes & all the Fruit, etc.

If you assume a 20% loss, so 450 - 90 = 360. Still, thats 40 hp more than so called bolt ons will get you. 

Getting that power NA is not cheap either.

whats with all the anger?  Nitrous is a great option even for the street, the only downside is having to fill the bottles really.  

i would expect that kind of power for how cheap he is trying to do it for, low boost etc