SAU Community

M35 won't fire

Coullsy

M35 won't fire

Evening, sorry about the long post but I'm trying to give as much info as possible.

I have recently acquired a 2001 M35 stagea (VQ25DET), the morning after driving it home it it would turn over  but not fire, after 10 minutes of trying it finally fired up but ran like crap. Next few starts it started and ran well. 

Saturday morning it started and drove fine. Come Saturday afternoon it wound over and over, after 20 minutes of trying it finally started, but ran terribly all the way home. Got it home and shut it off and tried to restart it and it just wouldn't fire. Sunday morning I tried and just keeps winding.

I have checked all the fuses, changed all the coils, the plugs, the immobiliser batteries and the CAS and it still won't fire, when turning over it will get the occasional cough but that's it. The cam sensors were changed with the recal but I'm not sure how long ago.

The car is running a Greddy Emanage and the MIL light is on all the time (owner said this and after searching it is a common thing with these ECU's) 

I have tried the self diagnostic thing with the key and the pedal but for the life of me I can't get the MIL to flash, I've used a stop watch to time everything and still can't, no sure if just me or emanage has something to do with it

I don't have a scan tool and can't start the car to take it anywhere, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on why it won't fire?

Edited by Coullsy

May be flooded. I would check to see if you have spark. If it does, dry the plugs and try some start ya bastard. Something obviously isn't right considering it runs well then it doesn't. Do you have the software for the emu so you can see what's going on? There was someone over in Adelaide that is pretty knowledgeable with m35 and emu. I think its BoostdR.

It may also pay to get in contact with previous owner if you haven't already and see if this has happened before and what the solution is.

You should try and get your hands on the software too. Will be good to have.

• Like 1

Ive attached a quick video of the spark, to me it looks weak, as I believe it's meant to be a bright blue, but that could be from the gal I had in the tester.

i did manage to finally get it to throw codes which came up with the following.

0100 - AFM

1320 - ignition signal

0110 - intake air temp sensor

1705 (I counted 1805, but could of counted wrong, will confirm)- Throttle position sensor circuit A/T

The 0100 AFM fault may be because I disconnected it and tried to start it to eliminate it. I will reset the codes and see what it throws up again. 

Would the 0110 code be related to the above?

1320 code I don't know what it could be, as I've done the coils, plugs, CAS and rechecked all the plugs (possibly throwing the codes due to not resetting after changing them?)

Is it possible that the TPS is the issue that is preventing it from starting?

IMG_5996.MOV

• 4 months later...

So an update on this for those interested.

Turns out that the Emanage was dumping alot of fuel into the cylinders.

instead of dealing with the emanage, it was ripped out and now i have installed a Haltech Elite 2500. The car is together and has been tuned. Currently making a healthy 252AWKW.