SAU Community

New purchase - R32 Tommykaira 4.5B

Didn't even intend to buy another R32, after purchasing an ADM from Bob.... but this was too good not to bid on;

One owner

12,766 km

HKS muffler

Tommy Kaira Recaro seats

A/m HID lights, air cleaner

Sports clutch

A/m fog lights and 17" wheels

Cusco tower bar

Mbro corner lamp

A/m adjustable suspension

Remote / TV will come later

Sideskirts a/m ? small dent (couldn't see it)

Centre console has a small scratch

Dash has small glue mark

IMG_9385.JPG

IMG_9371.JPG

IMG_9398.JPG

IMG_9408.JPG

IMG_9388.JPG

IMG_9395.JPG

IMG_9404.JPG

IMG_9397.JPG

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9403.JPG

IMG_9391.JPG

sheet.jpg

• Like 1

On 01/10/2017 at 12:54 PM, Aussie_Delivered_R32_GTR said:

Any pics? Updates? Anything?

It's one of the few cars I actually regret selling.:1_grinning::1_grinning:

Cheers...... Bob.

Hi Bob,

I had it in at Galvsport here, had the clutch swapped out for a standard unit, short shifter removed.  Aircon is on the blink, they've already looked at it once, but still needs fixing (something with the switching/computers).  They also went through all the usual things, made sure all is sweet.

Also had some issues with the brake master, unfortunately made the mistake of using a local mechanic who had a reconditioned (twice) but apparently there's an issue with reconditioning those units (leaves sharp edge on sleeve) which causes it to fail again.  Long story short, Galvsport replaced it with a later model unit.

Haven't any photos at hand, but certainly still looks the same!  See below for what the mechanic wrote re aircon.

Cheers,

Peter

I’ve gone about as far as we can go with the GTR, I’ve got everything sorted but im struggling on the Aircon. There is an intermittent electrical gremlin somewhere between the Climate Control Module and the Fuse Box. Under some situations the signal is lost and we lose drive to the compressor. I can manually engage the compressor and get good working aircon, but I cant make it work automatically (which is no good on the road). The reason I’ve not got this totally finished, or pushed further is to primarily get in touch and let you know where we are and also my time over the next couple of weeks is soaked with preparations for our Targa event so id made sense seeing as its 2 degrees outside to work towards getting the car back to you and we can address this after the chaos dies down a bit.

I have also got the misfire sorted, we had two issues causing it – One was the coil pack harness that connects the ignitor box to the coil packs, the other was the coil packs themselves producing weak spark (one normally causes the other). I’ve replaced both of these and the car drives perfectly. Obviously buying a set of coilpacks was not part of the plan, however one of the positives is your injectors initially tested perfectly so we didn’t need to clean (or charge) for any work with them.

Re, the aircon. I had a similar issue with my r33, would run intermittently. Ended up being a bad connection on the plug for the thermistor which is a little temperature probe thats in the evaporator box under the dash. Worth a look since they cant work out what's going on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, petemac said:

Hi Bob,

I had it in at Galvsport here, had the clutch swapped out for a standard unit, short shifter removed.  Aircon is on the blink, they've already looked at it once, but still needs fixing (something with the switching/computers).  They also went through all the usual things, made sure all is sweet.
Also had some issues with the brake master, unfortunately made the mistake of using a local mechanic who had a reconditioned (twice) but apparently there's an issue with reconditioning those units (leaves sharp edge on sleeve) which causes it to fail again.  Long story short, Galvsport replaced it with a later model unit. Haven't any photos at hand, but certainly still looks the same!  See below for what the mechanic wrote re aircon.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Pete, nice to hear from you.....

The clutch and shifter I get, I too would have changed those had I kept the car.

The other items surprise me as all was working well when I sold it to you.

Admittedly, that was a few years ago now.

How long after buying the car did the air-conditioning and master cylinder play up?

Ta...... Bob.

2 minutes ago, petemac said:

Hmm, probably 12 or 18 months.... Just normal wear and tear I guess for vehicle of that age.

Oh ok..... As long as it wasn't 5 minutes later! :D

I'd be happy to buy it back at your purchase price, plus all repair costs, transport costs plus 3% interest compounding per year you have had it, plus your rego fees plus freight back to Sydney..........

Deal?

Bob.

For those interested, with the Tommy, was happy to get confirmation on the original service records....Quoting below my agent Geoff from Prestige Motorsports (highly recommended).  

You have records starting in 1994 (13 Dec 1994 at 6 months old and 569km), then 14 June 1995 at 1,950km, 16 June 1996 at 5,905 km, 24 May 1997 at 7,355 km, 21 July 1999 at 9,040 km, 26 July 2001 at 9,908 km, 28 July 2003 at 10,907 km, 28 Aug 2005 at 11,546 km, 2 Oct 2015 at 11,839 km.  So in that 10 years it travelled less than 300 km and didn’t go back to Nissan for any more servicing, just kept in a garage and you can imagine all sorts of situations that may have led to the diminished use then the car finally being sold – perhaps something happened to the owner or their circumstances changed.

The latest inspection was done in October 2015 at 11,839 km and the following items were replaced:

Engine oil

Oil filter

LLC

Brake fluid

Drain washer

Radiator drain cock

Radiator hose (2)

V belts (3)

Fuel tank

Fuel pump

Fuel filter

Fuel gauge unit

Fuel hose (7)

Fuel additive

Front suspension upper link (2)

Front wiper refill (2)

Rear wiper blade

Bob,

Just took the ADM out for a quick spin - have to excuse, car is filthy.

image.thumb.png.5a91e6f6ab9e9a70d0ca6a594f2a56bb.png

image.thumb.png.7131cee945abbdae899503115ddc235e.pngimage.thumb.png.ab84c0dd7724ee9ffa83ef394e54bc42.png

image.thumb.png.38ce7312f2707bb652f3f249ea36328d.png

Wow Geoff has been in the game a long time. I remember looking at getting a car through him 13-14 years ago :O

I think it was a flat rate fee for their services too, like $1000.