SAU Community

Garrett GT4088 Vs GTW3476

1 hour ago, Mick_o said:

Lol .63 on a 3L?! You have alot to learn young Jedi... Measure your turbine pressures or flog your car for a while and see how long the head stays on it with a .63? 

Depends what your doing with it, mines not corked at all, keeps making power past 7500rpm, its a street car and wont see a track to be flogged non stop, if its only street car then id rather it have more low end as id rarely hit 7500rpm on a local street.

43 minutes ago, AngryRB said:

Depends what your doing with it, mines not corked at all, keeps making power past 7500rpm, its a street car and wont see a track to be flogged non stop, if its only street car then id rather it have more low end as id rarely hit 7500rpm on a local street.

I guarantee you wont make more low end with a smaller turbine.

Trying to bring boost on early doesn't make more power earlier. 

If your engines exhaust gases cant get out due to a small turbine restricting flow its gunna lose power down low and produce less torque off boost when putting around on the streets off boost. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngryRB said:

Gt3076 0.82 on my 30, plenty big enough, could even go down to 0.63 as still takes some revs to wake up.

Road use, the 3076 0.8A/R combination is damn hard to beat.  They pull down around 2000, and run up to 7000 without falling over.  They're not magical, but it's tried and proven.

If it's track, go to a 3576 0.8A/R.  Provided you're wearing blinkers and only want Garrett.  As per Piggy's comment, you need to let it breathe out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Griffin said:

I'd imagine a .82 on 3576 would work much better.

Would be a good set up but if you're looking to make over the 400kW Mark I would seriously jam a bigger rear on.

Once I outgrow my turbo I may look along those lines however a GTX3576 with a 1.0x ish rear and twin scroll everything - blah blah blah lol 

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Would be a good set up but if you're looking to make over the 400kW Mark I would seriously jam a bigger rear on.

Once I outgrow my turbo I may look along those lines however a GTX3576 with a 1.0x ish rear and twin scroll everything - blah blah blah lol 

I'm not looking for 400+ out of this as it's just a stock low km bottom end. It's in a cefiro . About 350 would do