SAU Community

Fatz r33 gtr stance build

36 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I did it wrong too, bought a rust free one for cheap, spent a few bucks, then sold it and turned a tidy profit before the market wised up.

What the hell was i thinking?!

Still wouldn't mind having a 35 down the track, glutton for punishment apparently.

Ah yes, typical BDSM Sub behaviour. I like it.

I've also found it impossible to repair a damaged rb26 and not do stupid things to it. Why couldn't I just bolt it back together with some used and new oem parts?  Clearly a question that is unable to be answered. 

Also why are men now wearing over the shoulder hand bags? What happened to the good old days and a sturdy pair of cargo pants for personal item storage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

I didn't realise how bad the rust on my car was until you pointed it out years ago.
It's only gotten worse haha.

You're unlucky then. My rust is only getting better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The obvious rust in the boot/towers. Rad support repairs the list goes on.

I did an 8hr round trip drive to go see one only to find all new seam sealer on the inner guards and obvious signs of cover up to repairs, entire rear subframe covered in decent surface rust. Pass. 

On the other hand, the one I bought had a tiny bit of surface rust in the spare wheel well (common) and everything else was original. So I bought it and as I expected after pulling the whole front end off, it was very original and in good nick. 

Good ones do exist, but plenty have been crashed/poor rust repairs/no repairs etc.

Rust happens, big deal, just fix it properly and be honest about it. 

10 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

The obvious rust in the boot/towers. Rad support repairs the list goes on.

I did an 8hr round trip drive to go see one only to find all new seam sealer on the inner guards and obvious signs of cover up to repairs, entire rear subframe covered in decent surface rust. Pass. 

On the other hand, the one I bought had a tiny bit of surface rust in the spare wheel well (common) and everything else was original. So I bought it and as I expected after pulling the whole front end off, it was very original and in good nick. 

Good ones do exist, but plenty have been crashed/poor rust repairs/no repairs etc.

Rust happens, big deal, just fix it properly and be honest about it. 

I was pleased to search the vin of mine and find it was a 'Cold Weather' optioned GTR (Heated Mirrors). I mean only the non snow areas of Japan would use that option right....right?....

I looked at a couple of R33 GTR's that had front struts ready to pop out of the towers at any time. And I knew of one R32 GTRR that got lighter and lighter as the subframe slowly died and dropped off in delicate little pieces, that and if you pushed the clutch too hard for some double step dose launch hero boost action you'd probably push through the floor.