SAU Community

Wierd a/c issue r33 gtst

sleek3

Hey guys juat seeing if anyone can help

Anyone know any gun auto eletricians in sydney that know skylines or maybe some insight on what i can check? I have an a/c issue i cant figure out...got my car checked gas is full... but when i turn on a/c,  the compressor kicks on very cold air comes through, then as soon as the clutch kicks off the air feels like there isnt any cold air...really annoying as summer is coming fast and i just want consistant cold air...im stumped and i cant figure this out as when the compressor turns on very cold air then disappointment when it kicks off...then when rhe clutch activates again very cold air...only giving me cold air when the clutch kicks on

• 2 weeks later...

The climate control has a diagnostic mode.
Enter the diagnostic mode by pressing the OFF button for five seconds within ten seconds of turning the ignition on.

SENSOR CHECK
Sensor check is selected by pressing HOT switch (the red triangle) while in diagnostic mode. The microcomputer detects whether each sensor input signal is within correct parameters. The results are displayed on the screen.
If normal, a "20" is displayed.
If abnormal the failed sensor number is displayed. The sensor numbers are as follows:
20 - all is normal
21 - outside air sensor
22 - Inside air sensor
23 - Water temperature sensor
24 - Intake temperature sensor
25 - Sunload sensor (small sensor on the left hand side of the dashboard near the windscreen)best to test outside for this
26 - PBR
27 - Refrigerant temperature sensor
This should tell you if any of your sensors are faulty.

MODE DOOR POSITION CHECK
(This is probably not the cause of your problems but it is a nifty self check to play with).
While in Sensor check, depress the HOT button again. This will operate the the mode door actuator, and checks the whether the position detection switch is operating. Again the results are displayed on the display.
If normal, a "30" is displayed.
If abnormal the number of the faulty mode is displayed as follows:
30: Normal
31: VENT
32: B/L (Bi level)
34: FOOT
35: DEFROST/FOOT
36: DEFROST

ACTUATOR OPERATION CHECK
By pressing the HOT button while in Mode Door Position check, you can actually send a signal to check the operation of the actuator manually. This is a bit complex

SENSOR RECOGNITION CHECK
Press the HOT switch again and a "5" will be indicated in the display section. If you press the "AMB" button (R32) or the windscreen defroster button (R33) in this status, the display will show the temperature sensed by each sensor. This will give you an indication also of which (if any) are faulty. Temperatures will be displayed in the following order (R32): 5 -> Outside air temp -> Inside air temp -> Suction temp -> Refrigerant temp R33 seems to have a different selection, with three temperatures being displayed. Obviously if any of these temps seem excessively different from actual temperatures you have a problem!

CALIBRATION
If you depress the fan switch during the Sensor Recognition check, you will go to Calibration in which you can set the difference between the indicated temperature and sensed temperature. While in Calibration press the HOT or COLD buttons to change the display by plus or minus 3 degrees in .5 degree increments (R32) or 1 degree increments (R33).

sorry i tried to cut and paste but its a little messed up but its all there, i hope it helps you, and just so you know you have to do this test while the car is outside, i tried to do it in my shed and i kept getting a sunload sensor error and it was cos the sensor on the dash wasnt detecting any sun lol