• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Hi Guys.

It is difficult to find a non-biased article to Brands, and independent articles on brake pad compounds, explaining the differences.

There are many articles written by the various Bake Pad manufacturers that are very informative and use that manufacturers particular line up of brake pad products, which is fine.

The following article listed in the link below, can be read in conjunction with those.

Even though this article I am posting here is a few years old, it still gives some idea of what compounds are generally available, and what effect they have re durability and performance.  I hope this can be of assistance to members when choosing brake pads.

Particularly when some customers ask me about dust free pads, and, then they also want high performance braking as well, which is difficult to achieve in the one type of pad.

Happy reading guys:-

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/12/brake-pads-what-to-look-for/index.htm

Regards,.........Paul.

Street to Track

• Like 1

Kinks    68
On 10/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, Street to Track said:

Particularly when some customers ask me about dust free pads, and, then they also want high performance braking as well, which is difficult to achieve in the one type of pad.

QFM HPX.  

It wouldn't stand up to a track day but it'll handle everything you can do on the street (without being a f**king idiot).  Very low dust. Swap in A1RM for track days.

A1RM put me off the track multiple times, they're no where a "track" pad as 70% of SAU says they are. I couldn't even stop after turn 1 at Wakefield Park when my R33 was under powered. Can't imagine it trying to stop it now lol.

Even a budget set of Intima SR pads perform better and they're not even consider a track pad.

niZmO_Man    1,270

A1RM pulled up fine at Eastern Creek GP circuit, well as best as my brakes could get it to :P

You give a man a hammer, and everything looks like a nail.

Throw a set of Project Mu HC+ in and compare it with the so called track crossover pad A1RM and see what stops lol.

niZmO_Man    1,270

Standard ECU/turbos/speed limiter ;) they are slow unless throw throw N1/better in and a tune lol.
It's actually quite slow, slower than Civics lol but can do sub 1:05 around SMSP south.

Point being, for an entry level pad, they're fine, from my experience. I might try those SR pads next time though ;)