SAU Community

High Beam Screw adjusters - BNR32

omnigear

if you dont have it just let me know the model code on the japanese id plate and i will enter it into the software and check for you, my code is ecr33 108 722 or something like that from memory so yours will be similar format i assume

12 hours ago, Mick said:

if you dont have it just let me know the model code on the japanese id plate and i will enter it into the software and check for you, my code is ecr33 108 722 or something like that from memory so yours will be similar format i assume

bnr32 011 611

i would repair the crack with superglue and baking soda or plastic powder, you start by putting some powder in the crack and then applying a little superglue onto the powder, it will be absorbed into the powder, then ann more powder to fill the crack and a bit more superglue, it dries fast and is stronger than just superglue on its own

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Missileman said:

Know anybody with a 3D printer???

i'd join a group buy for it to lessen the scanning/cad .

3 hours ago, Mick said:

it will work, im sure other people here know about the superglue and baking soda trick, if you dont know about it just youtube it, you will be amazed

the problem is the plastic is dried out and will crack else where :( 

https://imgur.com/a/s1Ag2

google the superglue and baking soda and use that to repair it, trust me it will work good and if it ever cracks in another place just do the same again, you will be amazed at how well it works, i saw a clip of a guy repairing his plastic radiator using it, an another guy who filled a big hole with it and them drilled trough it and then run a tap into it and then put a bolt in it, i dont know if plastic powder would be better or baking soda, but research it a little. At least it will work until you can track down some new adjusters one day

did you build it up slowly, like pack a little powder in the crack and then just a tiny drop of glue and let it seep in then a bit more powder then a bit more glue, till it builds up then file or sand or cut the access off to shape

there is a guy on ebay that has a broken r32 projector headlight but he wants too much for it but it has the adjuster on it, he wants $49 and it says $20 for shipping, maybe get in contact with him

hey i was doing some googling and i found something on a 300zx site that talks about some mod that you can hook upto the headlight that you can electronically adjust the headlight from inside the car, and it shows a pic of the same headlight adjuster that you are looking for

https://aus300zx.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/headlight-adjusters.273864/

boom!!! i just found a little kit you can use to replace the plastic gears in the adjuster bit you have a photo of and the other bit on the headlight that it meshes up to, take a look at this page mate, they are replacing there plastic gears with them

http://www.pexcom.com.au/z32cms/e107_images/H-L_Disassembly.pdf

• Thanks 1