SAU Community

Rb25det neo breaking up in boost when warm

Hey guys so here are the technical specs

Rb25det series 2 neo manual

Fmic

Blitz pod

3 inch turbo back

Splitfire coil packs

Okay so the car runs fine for 10 mins and will come on boost fine and rev out though I only took it 5k as it was cold. This sputtering as if the traction control has come on the sound is like a limiter the same sound it makes when traction control comes on. Btw I leave traction co troll off because when it would turn on before it would cause knock and then the check engine light would come on. This problem has only occured after installing the splitfires. It happens no matter where in the rev range its just as soon as I got past vacuum and come on to positive pressure bit when it's cold it runs properly. The cars temperature gauge never comes up to halfway either I am replacing the thermostat not sure if this will fix it or if this is a coolant temp sensor.

If anyone has I had a similar cutting of power and popcorn sounding noise, point me in the right direction otherwise off to the shop.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have replaced spark plugs, have splitfires and replaced coil pack harness but whenever I put a bit of load on the car it just breaks up, I'm thinking now to do o2 sensor as I get a misfire on idle, I replaced thermostat as it never comes up to temp but it must be the coolant temp sensor. Basically whenever I give it more than a qtr throttle it sounds like the fuel cut you get when traction control would kick in.

There's no boost leak sadly, I had a boost leak and fixed it car was running fine until the splitfires went in it hold boost fine as I said will go to red line, I'm really leaning towards a dud o2 sensor as it deals with load and I have terrible fuel economy

It will drive fine when the car is completely cold and drives perfect for 10 mins im thinking between the o2 sensor and coolant tempo sensor throwing out the afr I also cleaned maf 3 weeks ago when I found the boost leak

Hey guys I think I've found the problem ive got extreme regarding from the cas, or pre ignition and why my fuel economy is so bad as well I found that a dodgy coolant temp sensor can cause this on skyline owners forum

5 hours ago, zirbmail said:

Hey guys I think I've found the problem ive got extreme regarding from the cas, or pre ignition and why my fuel economy is so bad as well I found that a dodgy coolant temp sensor can cause this on skyline owners forum

Have you checked your sensor or just assume it is the issue?