SAU Community

Neo r34 gtt flywheel

Eager

Hi

i have a r34 gtt factory manual car. Pull clutch setup. I'm changing the clutch and want to get the fly skimmed but want the car off the road for only a few hours so I want to get a spare flywheel and skim it in prep

are all rb25 flywheels the same ? Or do I need a neo specific one

and is there any recommended ones I could buy off the shelf that are lightened or just leave it standard?

thanks

Same same.

Yes, you can buy lightened flywheels off the shelf.  Most clutch vendors can source the Exedy ones.  There are others.

Unless you're taking it to the track competitively there's very little benefit from a really light flywheel. So don't waste your time trying to get a 4kg one or anything like that.  The stocker is ~9 kg and the Exedy and similar ones are ~7 kg.  They will do.

But otherwise, just get a 2nd hand stocker and skim it.  Note that skimming has nothing to do with lightening, and you do not want to use a stock flywheel that has been "lightened".

10 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Same same.

Yes, you can buy lightened flywheels off the shelf.  Most clutch vendors can source the Exedy ones.  There are others.

Unless you're taking it to the track competitively there's very little benefit from a really light flywheel. So don't waste your time trying to get a 4kg one or anything like that.  The stocker is ~9 kg and the Exedy and similar ones are ~7 kg.  They will do.

But otherwise, just get a 2nd hand stocker and skim it.  Note that skimming has nothing to do with lightening, and you do not want to use a stock flywheel that has been "lightened".

Ye i I don't intend to lighten the standard one. But I just want one pre skimmed for the new clutch to save having to leave mine into a machine shop for a day or 2 meaning the car is off the road longer :)