SAU Community

Nissan Skyline V35 250GT Problems

Good day,

My Nissan Skyline V35 250 GT stop operating at 100% a month ago. I was driving accelerating then when i hit 60km/h it started to shake showing an inconsistency in power and then finally just stopped revving and could only idle. I disconnected the airflow sensor and could only rev it it to 2500 rpm. My mechanic suspected the pump and then we changed it and tried to connect the air flow sensor back, then it wouldn't even idle but switch off. What could be the problem because my next port of call is the fuel pressure sensors as advised by the mechanic?

• 1 month later...

We are currently getting the P0100 and P0110  for Air Flow and Intake Air. Befire that we also getting the pressure sensor fault report but after the diag machine cleared the faults they never came back. After trying a new air flow sensor nothing changed. So to avoid the car not idling and switching off i disconnected my air flow sensor. I have a strong feeling it is the Booster Pump.

I have not checked the vacuum leaks yet but when the MAF is disconnected it is supposed to idle and fails to do so so i guessed it was the fuel system. It once did the same thing and i had my tanks cleaned and pump cleaned only for it to work for a few months then after sometime it packed up again. Could it be vacuum leaks?

Hi there. I read your post and it brought back so many memories of my skyline. It' an awesome car but the problems can be endless. Mine had the exact same problems after trying to fix it for almost 1 and a half years and spending a whole lot of cash on it I sold it in the end. The guy who bought it from me had owned one previously and had the same problems before he sold his. He bought mine in an attempt to try and get it fixed but last I heard he didn' win. 

In my country there is no support for the v35 model so it's difficult and expensive to 2 really fix. I had the pumps in the tank changed the pump in the engine bay changed. Removed the catalytic converters. Flushed the tank and engine several times. My mechanic even stripped the engine, checked and  cleaned every part as a last resort and put it back together again and still it was giving the same problems. The nissan dealer here doesnt deal in jap imports but tried to assist us and told us that the problem is something to do with the type of fuel. Here we only get blended petrol and not the unleaded options like other countries.

In the end we came to the conclusion that the car was designed to use pure unleaded fuel only. I gave up in the end and with a heavy heart I sold it. 

I miss the car though, but grateful for not having the headache .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Crank shaft sensor. When MAF sensor fails in V35 range a code is not needed as vehicle rpm will not exceed 1900rpm. Crank shaft sensor.

• 4 months later...

Had a few issues with ours.

first the pickup fuel pump that’s in the tank that feeds the high pressure pump was shot, I would go and replace it, I used a little aeroflow intank pump from eBay $80.

next flat power after 3000rpm, there is a bunch of solidnoids on the front of the engine connected to vacuumed lines, these control a set of throttle bodies inside the intake plenum runs, for us it was an easy fix we ripped them out and welded the shaft holes. Maybe not the best in road car will lose low end power. 

Afm die very easy! Ordered a replacement and even that was dead! Order 3 different ones of eBay at like $20 each brand new and the next one arrived worked so kept the others as spares.

hope this helps with what we have come across so far.