SAU Community

Garrett G Series

Sadly I'm gunna be a negative Nancy on this 1. Sounds like it was in 3rd gear for a kick off lol 780hp at 99mph. The run was barely a few seconds long. (Which could be operator getting scared of it jumping outta the dyno) so possibly a + not a - there... 

Also it's on a dynojet so you can literally pull 15% off those numbers "for straya dyno figures" so 780hp is more like 660whp on our shores. So it's a sub 500rwkw result from a set of 985kw snails?

Would love to know what fuel and boost that was on!

Sadly I'm gunna be a negative Nancy on this 1. Sounds like it was in 3rd gear for a kick off lol 780hp at 99mph. The run was barely a few seconds long. (Which could be operator getting scared of it jumping outta the dyno) so possibly a + not a - there... 
Also it's on a dynojet so you can literally pull 15% off those numbers "for straya dyno figures" so 780hp is more like 660whp on our shores. So it's a sub 500rwkw result from a set of 985kw snails?
Would love to know what fuel and boost that was on!

And to add to the bullshit, it's on a VR38 not a VQ hahah so yeh, not so great...

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but the original post that video is from specifically mentions that it's during tuning - ie, that's not a full power run.  I'm not sure why they didn't show an "all in" run, or say what the final power was but the implication from the guy whose car it is has very much been that this isn't the power it's capable of.

31 minutes ago, Lithium said:

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but the original post that video is from specifically mentions that it's during tuning - ie, that's not a full power run.  I'm not sure why they didn't show an "all in" run, or say what the final power was but the implication from the guy whose car it is has very much been that this isn't the power it's capable of.

Interesting..... Wonder why the secrecy? Kind of a bit dumb to post a vid like that then hide the results? 

Maybe it's a Skola tune? ?

• Haha 1

Yeah good point, would be great to know what boost, fuel and gear that run was done with and a look at the graph with rpm.. hopefully we'll start to see more results with that crucial info soon.

Those guys have done that quite a bit, they're often mega vague with details and the more interesting results - I'm surprised they even said what turbos are on it to be honest.

3 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Meh... buy a G series and still get clouted by the whole EFR crew.'

you guys go right ahead 

I stuck up for it and am pretty much the ambassador for EFRs here lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So how would one get a new g series on say, the stock manifold? Could it be done and would it work well?

It looks like the standard exhaust housing is vband?

Edited by Findlay

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 7:18 AM, LaurelPWR said:

Yeah good point, would be great to know what boost, fuel and gear that run was done with and a look at the graph with rpm.. hopefully we'll start to see more results with that crucial info soon.

Looking through the various Instagram comments; G25-660's 0.72AR, VP Racing Fuel, AMS Alpha 4.0L BC stroker VQ, high comp JE Pistons, nitrous, Motec M150.

812rwhp and 676rwtq @ 22psi

According to Garretts cattledog there are or will be T4 twin scroll integral gate turbine housings available for the G series .

If you buy or make a twin entry T3 to T4 adapter plate you may get one on a Skyline manifold .

If Garrett are smart they'll make T3 flanged housings available , like EFR did .

On 5/21/2018 at 3:12 AM, etang789 said:

Still no one has put this on a RB26 in a twin setup?

I wouldn't hold my breath, I certainly haven't heard any hints of anyone doing such a build and given they won't realistically be bolt on options I'd say most would go for known and easier/cheaper to fit combinations.  

There are VERY few dyno results out the for the G25s, and so far I've seen nothing worth really writing home about.  The most indicative of any potential I've seen is an EJ25 powered Subaru with a .72a/r G25-660 on it putting down a bit over 500whp (~370wkw) on a Mainline roller dyno at 26psi with full boost coming in in the mid/low 4000rpm range.    It's decent, but nothing to put the EFRs on notice.

15 hours ago, Lithium said:

I wouldn't hold my breath, I certainly haven't heard any hints of anyone doing such a build and given they won't realistically be bolt on options I'd say most would go for known and easier/cheaper to fit combinations.  

There are VERY few dyno results out the for the G25s, and so far I've seen nothing worth really writing home about.  The most indicative of any potential I've seen is an EJ25 powered Subaru with a .72a/r G25-660 on it putting down a bit over 500whp (~370wkw) on a Mainline roller dyno at 26psi with full boost coming in in the mid/low 4000rpm range.    It's decent, but nothing to put the EFRs on notice.

True that Im wishfully thinking this may come out this year before I bite the bullet for EFR

On 5/23/2018 at 3:36 AM, etang789 said:

True that Im wishfully thinking this may come out this year before I bite the bullet for EFR

They are out, just doesn't seem like a lot of people have tried them - or at least boasted about their results so far.  It's probably too early to draw any conclusions one way or another from what little info is out there, it feels like there is potential there.

The odds are there are a lot of people like you, who are interested and thinking about it but want someone else to try it first - which is very reasonable... but also means there is probably not much point holding your breath.

The "next size up" G-series are likely to be more interesting to everyone, it was an interesting choice going for the baby size first.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Integrated Motorsport Time Attack R34 GTR is going to twin Garrett new series turbos from a single EFR (9180 from memory) shall be interesting to see the differences, obviously custom everything, manifolds etc....