Les turbo garrett G series - Page 4 G35turbineflowmap

The compressor flow chart :

770 :

Les turbo garrett G series - Page 4 G30-770comp-map

The 900 one :

Les turbo garrett G series - Page 4 G35-900comp-map

and finally the 1050 one :

Les turbo garrett G series - Page 4 G35-1050comp-map

All were taken from ATP website so I consider these as legit but still take these with a grain of salt as they were not officially released.

6 hours ago, R_34 said:

All were taken from ATP website so I consider these as legit but still take these with a grain of salt as they were not officially released.

Understood, and very much appreciated - thanks for sharing - that's awesome.

I'm pretty confident they are legit, btw.  Just probably weren't meant to be released yet

I've had a quick play with that data, and if I am looking at it right - the 1.01a/r G30 hotside is very comparable to the 1.05a/r EFR8374 hotside which puts things into perspective.

The .83a/r G30 hotside falls slightly short of the .82a/r GT35 hotside in flow.   I think Garrett have chosen some very nice spread of options with this range.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/04/2019 at 4:41 PM, Phat_Toni said:

The g25 660 with the 0.92 looks comparable to the GT3076r but seems to have the edge in turbine flow, compressor flow and spool. 

g25 660 0.92 from ATS 

6boost mani

I saw a post on Sinco NZ's Instagram page which made me think of you, how is your build going?  Did you end up going Sinco for the manifold or is there someone else doing similar?

image.png.676e27afa0879be80102e5c2f3a98f37.png

1 hour ago, Skylineusa said:

This page is gold with great information. Thank you guys! Would running twin 550 be a worthwhile combo? 

That's a very open ended question.  For what power target and on what kind of setup??  Do you have the budget and inclination to do all the fabrication to do twin 550s? (it's not something you'd do on stock manifolds/location). 

It is the kind of setup which to justify would need a pretty solid engine spec, basically its a 1000hp turbo setup so expect the kind of lag that would come with one and expect to need to do the kind of engine and transmission development needed to support it.   If you are looking at making the typical kind of power that people go for with low mount twins then no, imho it is not worth doing.

5 minutes ago, Phat_Toni said:

I think this car was mentioned earlier in the thread. Gives a good idea as what to expect from 2 of these things....

It's worth nothing a couple of things he says which contradict each other, he implies it spools 500rpm better than the EFR9180 but then also says its all in between 6000-7000rpm which on a 2.8 is... umm... much laggier than any EFR9180 I've heard of.

It's been previously said that it's got a 500rpm wider powerband as the 660s hold on (unsurprisingly) to much higher rpm than the EFR9180 and other turbo setups they ran on it, so if you are willing to rev it to 9000+rpm then it offers the potential to give a broad delivery - as long as you aren't hoping for things to happen earlier in the rev range.

Be great to get some more data points from that car.  

The twin G25-550 intrigues me as well.  They do the internal gate T2 .49 which screams bolt me on an RB26.

I've be told by a seller its not a bolt on affair though. I was not given any details other than you have a 30 year old car "dude" as to why. 

The cost of them makes it a serious investment and a risk you end up with a street pig.

If not and they make 900-1000fwhp with amazing spool  ..... all the glory is yours  ......

When they released the spec sheet on the g25 I looked at them real hard. The problem I saw is they are longer than the stock turbo. There just doesn't seem to be horizontal room for them. Granted this is based off the spec sheet and not trial and error.

If we could slant them 20° from horizontal they might fit but you can't do that and expect the snail to live.

Sorry Lithium, you are correct. I should have gone into a little more detail. I was thinking for quick spool, which I understand by your reply, and looking at the map, would not be a good marriage. It looks like I will wait for the 770s to come out, and go that route.

Hypertune makes twin manifolds for the G25s, if anyone is going that route. My car is more street than track, so I really do not need that much power.

Edited by Skylineusa

9 hours ago, Skylineusa said:

It looks like I will wait for the 770s to come out, and go that route.

Hypertune makes twin manifolds for the G25s, if anyone is going that route. My car is more street than track, so I really do not need that much power.

I hope you mean a single 770? :o

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Skylineusa said:

...My car is more street than track, so I really do not need that much power.

5 hours ago, Lithium said:

I hope you mean a single 770? ?

I think that's a safe assumption.

Yeh its interesting.  

I am in the process of getting rid of my HKS F-con rubbish in favour of a Link g4+ and upgrading my trigger system and fuel system at the same time.

Once done the G30-770 be on the next list to replace the -5's.

So sooner they come out the better so someone else test for me.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Stixbnr32 said:

Once done the G30-770 be on the next list to replace the -5's.

That has potential to be a hell of a fun setup!  Hope Garrett don't take TOO long to get those out

• Like 2