SAU Community

Garrett G Series

2 minutes ago, Phat_Toni said:

Very interested to see how the G30 based turbos compare to the GT30 based turbos in terms of response. Im expecting response somewhere between GT30 and GT35 in comparable housing sizes...time will tell

A mate is going to be trying a Gen2 GTX3076R with 1.01a/r hotside and a G-series turbo for comparisons sake, not 100% sure which but it seems like it could end up being a G30-770 with .83a/r hotside (most similar flow rating to the 1.01 GT30) on a built SR20VE.   That should be a relatively interesting comparison.

Edited by Lithium
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Lithium said:

A mate is going to be trying a Gen2 GTX3076R with 1.01a/r hotside and a G-series turbo for comparisons sake, not 100% sure which but it seems like it could end up being a G30-770 with .83a/r hotside (most similar flow rating to the 1.01 GT30) on a built SR20VE.   That should be a relatively interesting comparison.

I'd like to hear those results... 

On 18/07/2019 at 12:11 PM, Lithium said:

I saw a post on Sinco NZ's Instagram page which made me think of you, how is your build going?  Did you end up going Sinco for the manifold or is there someone else doing similar?

Progress pic...Snapchat-1139584873.thumb.jpg.a226fa3f2b7d36ee8c75b5e3d340a30f.jpg

• Like 4

I was just looking at the dimensional drawings at the ATP site , it appears that Garrett have used three slightly different compressor housings .

The G25-550/660 and G30-660 use a 0.70 AR housing , the G30-770/900 and G35-900 a 0.72 housing , and the G35-1050 a 0.75 housing . From memory their diameter's are around 170 190 and 205mm .

A

• Like 1

12 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

G30 660 and 770 at jamboree last weekend. Asked about t3 or t4 housings possibly in the future but only doing vband housings for now. They are a direct bolt on replacement for g25 series too. 

IMG_20190824_131819.jpg

So, are they going to be doing the T4? Or did they not answer the question? I sure hope so. 

Going by the posts from various dealers they are selling pretty quickly, I am pretty excited to hear how they go as they are the most interesting turbo released by Garrett in AGES imho. 

I have a G30-900 0.83 on order with an 8-10wk wait,currently 2wks in, the anticipationis killing me, but just to top it off I had purchased a GTX3584RS the day before they were released ??? so I returned it for the G30-900 instead. I don't mind dropping up to 100HP for farrr better spool. I anticipate 700awhp out of my 2.4L built MPS. The big cams and the oversized pistons should get it spooling early, tbh my biggest worry is that it might choke it up top

Edited by Yaji
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

hey fellas, just had a read thru. thought id chip in.

ive been running the .92 g25-660 for about a year now. semi closed forged ej25. amazing turbo, spool, mid range everything. almost as responsive as the tiny factory td04.

in my humble opinion, this is too small for an rb. you'll get mad response, but no top end.

runs about 340awkw at 26 psi. under very strict controls, pulled timing, torque limit etc.

clutch and semi closed engine holding us back. still makes 100kw at 95kph, and 200 kw at 110kph.

have since exploded that clutch, now have a new twin plate on there and a more efficient cooler. if i get it back on the dyno any time soon, ill drop back round to post the sheet.

we also, have a sleeved ej28 stroker in the build hopefully to have a g30-770 or g30-900 attached to it. with the current wait times, and gcg having the monopoly (and also charging full price upfront to non traders) it could be a while. once MTQ has stock, we will be all over it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:39 PM, Plattsy said:

ive been running the .92 g25-660 for about a year now. semi closed forged ej25. amazing turbo, spool, mid range everything. almost as responsive as the tiny factory td04.

that is great feedback!  I absolutely love the G25 with 0.72.  The 0.92 flows a ton (very impressive actually) but did have some response loss.  I would love to see any boost logs you can share. 

and if you wanted to try G30-770 we have them in stock at full race

here are the dyno results. incredible spool, amazing torque and a very long power band (for a subaru)

28psi by 3800 rpm. thats plenty of response! unfortunately the stock heads are killing me with its tiny cams and weak springs. would like to see this with 272s springs, and a 4 inch exhaust.

i raced it at the weekend in the local sprints. such an amazing car to drive. cannot talk highly enough about this turbo!

edit the previous run of 340kw was done at a higher ramp rate. it was dropped to 10 for this.

on the shoot out mode that some "tuners" like to print out, should made 370kw at all four. gotta love dynos :)

dyno.jpeg.1083cf29d95ef5d37b71fbd98215382d.jpeg

• Like 3