SAU Community

Garrett G Series

I agree about the 30/35 size , but as I've said in the past I'd like to see a G28 as well because gut feeling is that a smidge more turbine than the G25 with a couple of compressor options is probably going to cover much of the hot roady needs .

If Garrett really does want volume sales they really need T3 and T4 turbine housings because for many 3" V band isn't an option . I'd like to see a G28 or G30 become the modern GT3076R T3 Integral Wastegate replacement . 

A .

Edited by discopotato03

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The new G30 and G35 series are going to be released soon - their turbines being pretty much the same in size to the GT30 and GT35 turbines respectively, but much higher flowing.

Expect to see things along these lines:

G30-660 - basically the G25-660 compressor on a G30 turbine

G30-770 - 58mm inducer, 71mm exducer with ~69lb/min flow

G30-900 - 62mm inducer, 76mm exducer with ~81lb/min flow

G35-900 - Same as above but on a G35 turbine

G35-1050 - 68mm inducer, 84mm exducer with ~95lb/min flow

Should mix things up a bit!

• Like 2

I think the G30-770 (or G3071) could prove to be the perfect point for Skylines/GT-Rs which people are going for solid power with but don't quite want to go to the point of big transmission upgrades etc etc - it fills a gap which I've felt has been left empty by the high end turbo manufacturers for some time, basically offering the kind of power that people used to (or sometimes still) use GT3582Rs or GT2860R-5s to reach but I would hope with WAY better response.

When soon is, I have no idea - they aren't officially released yet, I usually try and share interesting news no matter how little (though I thought sizes and flow rates isn't THAT light) in asap as people would appreciate it being shared but apparently that's not enough so I'll just leave it from now, I guess folks at least have an idea of whats coming and that it can't be TOO far away.

Edited by Lithium

I have talked a customer into going a G30 770 when it comes out. He was about to pull the trigger on a 3576. It Will be going on a 2.3L Mivec 4G63. Should be a pretty chunky thing... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

I have talked a customer into going a G30 770 when it comes out. He was about to pull the trigger on a 3576. It Will be going on a 2.3L Mivec 4G63. Should be a pretty chunky thing... 

That would be really interesting!!!  On paper it should be better all around, which would be nice :)

11 minutes ago, Butters said:

G35-1050  vs GT35 on spool will be interesting, can it match is and make 200 hp more ? 

I would put money on the G35-1050 (I'll call it G3584 because it makes more sense to me) being significantly laggier.  These turbos should be compared on flow, not size.

G3071 fits between a GTX3576R and GTX3582R in flow, or slightly more than an original GT3582R.

G3076 is roughly equivalent to a GTX3582R Gen2 in flow, or more intriguing for some, it looks like the G3076 could be quite a similar match to an EFR9174, and the G3576 quite similar to an EFR9180 - but with MUCH smaller wheels.

G3584 is drifting into the territory of a GTX4294R in flow.

If you compared any of those G-series turbos with the previous Garrett equivalents flow wise then I suspect they will be much more responsive, however if you compared wheel size wise then they will behave like bigger turbos - both laggier, but also making WAY more power... just the balance of power and response will be better.

Edited by Lithium

Oops, for some reason I thought I posted both the G35-900 (/ G3576) and G35-1050 compressor maps.

Here is the slightly more down to earth G3576 compressor map:

g35_900comp_map_a5a5b179a875aaa565d86b83515bce398b10994f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sweet! That is some AWESOME info Lith. It looks like you got a bit upset with me asking when soon was, I meant no offence or intended to sound ungrateful. Will digest this tomorrow in more detail, But I have to say the 1050 looks ridiculously efficient at 3:1pr at high flows. It's still at 70% at full speed, With an amazingly low surge margin to match. If it's an 68/84 compressor it's got the EFR 8474 spanked, and is frankly incredible they managed to get 78% out of it at that wheel trim. 

I'm impressed. 

Edited by burn4005

10 hours ago, burn4005 said:

asking when soon was

NW.

On this topic, just to clarify - I am making an assumption that they must be coming soon given there are compressor maps and other bits of info leaking out... I have no direct feed myself, I just keep ears and eyes open and people flick me things when they see it as I am clearly interested in this kind of thing - then I share what I find.   There is no official announcement from Garrett at this stage so I wouldn't hold breath on how soon "soon" is until they actually say anything.   It still could be a wee while away.

3 hours ago, discopotato03 said:

Likely to be hard pressed to find much for a while - but I back the stuff I have posted to prove to be pretty on point once things show up, so should give a reasonable idea.

Now that it seems more won't be shared immediately, I'll add that the G30 had .61 and .83 vband exhaust housings as options and the G35 has the same range of options as the GTX3584RS, but flows a bit more for each a/r.

4 hours ago, discopotato03 said:

I'm really interested to see how the G30-660 will go on 2-2.5L 4s and 6s .  

I actually am more interested in seeing how the G25-660 goes, considering the .92a/r housing out flows most T3 options people use on RB25s as is.  It could be a banger of a thing.

• Like 2

On 17/06/2019 at 5:10 PM, Lithium said:

The new G30 and G35 series are going to be released soon - their turbines being pretty much the same in size to the GT30 and GT35 turbines respectively, but much higher flowing.

Expect to see things along these lines:

G30-660 - basically the G25-660 compressor on a G30 turbine

G30-770 - 58mm inducer, 71mm exducer with ~69lb/min flow

G30-900 - 62mm inducer, 76mm exducer with ~81lb/min flow

G35-900 - Same as above but on a G35 turbine

G35-1050 - 68mm inducer, 84mm exducer with ~95lb/min flow

Should mix things up a bit!

To yoink from another thread, the compressor map for the G30-770.   This is the one from the range I have been REALLY looking forward to, at a glance the compressor flow is sufficient to compete with the likes of an EFR8374 but from a turbo whose wheel sizes are probably closest to the likes of an EFR7163.  This thing on a typical street/track spec RB could prove to be absolutely awesome.

]g30-770comp-map.thumb.jpg.764ec9207e31df1870c660d0562e43c6.jpg

• Thanks 1