SAU Community

need help wiring

Wow. Are you sure it doesnt still have a turbo timer somewhere? Sounds like what mine does, times normally unless the park brake is down (it just turns off then) so i would pull some dash panels and have a look at the ignition barrel wiring

14 hours ago, 89CAL said:

Wow. Are you sure it doesnt still have a turbo timer somewhere? Sounds like what mine does, times normally unless the park brake is down (it just turns off then) so i would pull some dash panels and have a look at the ignition barrel wiring

It doesn't, I think they may have spliced either handbrake or somewhere at the ignition loom, I'll have a good look. Just very lazy and I don't know why pull the timer out anyway, not like it's a expensive part. 

@xt25det Hmm I'd pull the plastics around the shifter and E-brake and see if there's any wires that are being grounding when the E-brake is disengaged. That's usually because something is completing the circuit. The moment you find that wire you can snip it and it'll eliminate the issue.

If you want to trace the wiring back then drop the panel under the steering wheel there's only the one plug near the key barrel that it would be wired into. Again, starting with the E-brake first is the best way to start since that's the mechanism that sets it off. 

Only reason I'm saying is because I just replaced every main and sub harness in my R32 lol. So I'm quite familiar with all of the systems and subsystems lol.