SAU Community

R32 gtr - occasional 2000rpm idle help !

SiR_RB

Hey fellas

i got an issue that just arised last week and it's driving me crazy !

car will cold start and idle fine, hot idle is fine but when I'm driving if I down shift and the rpm is over 2000rpm and then pop in neutral it will stay idling at 2000rpm

sometimes it might fall back down to 1000rpm after 5seconds or so but most of the time it will stay there until I pump the throttle then it will settle to 1000

if the car is idling and I pump the throttle again it will idle at 2000rpm until I give the throttle a quick jab the it will settle

im running a hypertune plenum and 90mm throttle body, gave the throttle body a clean afew days ago and did a tps reset still no change

also did a pressure test and seemed good

I noticed driveability issues around the 2000rpm like it surges too

i spoke to hypertune and they said to send them the throttle body to test (incase shaft seals are leaking, it's only 2 years old) and to rebuild if necessary 

if anyone has any other ideas I can try that would be great

thanks

Edited by SiR_RB

What are your plastic throttle spring retainers like? I had a similar issue and it turned out being the plastic retainers had perished and the springs were binding

edit: scratch that I've just read you are running a single throttle.

Edited by Sub Boy32
Was a Muppet and didn't read the OP

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Chinese parts can be good, it's all in the quality assurance, and materials, but, that costs more, but, typically not alot more, it is up to the customer who is getting the parts made, some are happy to pay more for quality good QA and materials because the savings are in the cheap labour costs, so they can sell a quality product at a lower price point, other customers who are getting parts made give no farks and want their products to be as cheap as possible for maximum profit, so minimal QA and average materials  Hence why some Chinese parts are crap, whilst other are good Much like parts and other stuff made in different countries around the world, including "made in Australia", "made in Japan", "made in 'Merica" branded gear
    • Agree with Bogan bloke above. I like running quality tyres on my street driven cars. Wife's daily as well as my daily have Michelin PS4, good tyre that does everything you'd expect without fuss and reasonably priced for popular sizes that aren't enormous. Skyline had Yokohama on it for many years but have recently fitted zestino tyres. Just did a quick Google and they're actually Chinese made (jap designed apparently). Surprisingly they grip really well, wet and dry and haven't died, YET. Obviously on the higher end of CCP tyres but still China nonetheless. 
    • My view is to put the best tyres your budget allows for a daily, there is no run off or kitty litter on the street, only cars, bikes, gutters, trees, kids .......as for the track, it's not like street driving where you need to deal with all the thousands of Muppets that are cutting you off, slamming on their brakes for animals or pedestrians that wander into the road Every mm the tyre brakes better could be the mm's required to not running over a kid who runs out in front of you, especially if it's wet, wet weather is where most cheap tyres fail horribly, either when hard braking, or quick evasive turning even at lower speeds My Honda came with Tracmax, whilst they worked in the dry doing legal road speeds, in the wet they were rubbish  After some googling reviews I tried some Hankook Ventus Prime 4's, the difference in the dry is noticeable, but in the wet the difference is chalk and cheese, IIRC they were around $150 a tyre fitted, so for only $600 for 4 news tyres, that are lasting really well, I have tyres that actually work at legal road speeds in the wet If they save me once from "an unfortunate situation" they have paid for themselves  Tyres are one of those things that can save your life when driving, and as most of your time driving is in your daily, your daily tyres are more important than a tyre on a performance car that knocks of a second or 2 on the track My daughter is a copper, she regularly drags dead or injured people out of cars because they lose control, or run up the back of cars in the wet TL;DR. Buy the best tyres that might help save your life if $hit goes down https://www.bitre.gov.au/publications/ongoing/road_deaths_australia_monthly_bulletins  
    • Thanks mate much appreciated I'll start going through them because the subjects look important 
    • Yeah I sold it to a mate for $1000, I had no where to store it.. lol I believe it became a drift car.