SAU Community

aftermarket ECU for series 2 auto

oxford1327

I have recently returned to the stagea ownership family, and this time round i got an auto in a series2 , it is a 4wd but doesn't have Hicas, i was wondering what upgrade ECU's are available nowadays?

my old stag was a RS4S manual so it had a Power FC, which at the time was a great thing and pretty much the only thing around that worked with them, I was hoping someone on here might be able to shed some light on what modern systems are around that can be used for the auto tiptronic version, and also what known issues there are to get them to work properly etc. etc.

I am unsure whether the previous owner of my new toy was a member on here, but the car had an engine rebuild about 18months ago, and is now nicely run in and running 160kw at all wheels on factory boost 9psi, so i would like to give it a bit of a tickle up and at this stage i am not chasing big numbers, but would like to see around 190-200kw so that its is still a comfy daily , and also give the young blokes in their commonwhores a bit of a fright.

any input would be much appreciated and look forward to the educated opinions as well as the others this will inevitably bring forth.

cheers, Oxford

okey dokey, nistune is getting the votes so far, what about Link ecu's in case of further "needed" mods in the future, as far as I can tell haltech's only work with manual boxes 

thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Cool . What's the deal with afm these days? What's needed for 500 whp?

Just use Z32 AFM, thats what everyone uses right?! :P 

That is if you wanna keep a AFM

8 hours ago, oxford1327 said:

okey dokey, nistune is getting the votes so far, what about Link ecu's in case of further "needed" mods in the future, as far as I can tell haltech's only work with manual boxes 

thoughts?

You can make a Link work with an auto but really Nistune is better...and they have the ability to cope with a lot more than they used to so will handle any power upgrades and even support dual fuel I believe.

hmmm it seems the old Nistune is still getting more mention than anything else, so may need to suss out more info on  this avenue, any leads or tips from you guys would be most beneficial..... so that i may discuss further with my local tuner in the hope that he knows a thing or 5 about this angle of approach.

any loopholes or issues that may be exploited or avoided would be awesome from those with  previous experience would be massively appreciated with regard to the Nistune option,l or should I still consider the Power-FC as my old tuner knows them well........??????

so at the end of the day it sounds a lot like a Nistune will be the winner here, now who here can tell me where I may purchase this mythical creature and who is a well known and reliable tuner in victoria?

Edited by oxford1327

1 hour ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

I recommend Trent at chequered tuning. One of the nicest and most knowledgeable people I have ever met. Drop car off and he will install and tune for around ~1000 bucks

awesome, thanks for the tip . I will try and find him when the funds allow, at the moment I am just getting the roadworthy side of things sorted, am hoping as of today it is all completed, and ready for vicroads to extort their pounds of flesh from me next week.

then after christmas it will be more likely to start tickling the car a bit, and getting a tow bar made and fitted.

2 hours ago, Griffin said:

Will an r35 afm be a better option?

as opposed to the Z32? or the standard unit? what difference is there between the standard unit, the Z32, and the R35?

is it a level of flow reading or more fine tuning scope or something?

1 hour ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Here's one:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/nissan/ecus/auction-1462299603.htm

but why do you want it? you can just nistune yours...

I was more thinking about the turn around time for the modding of the ecu and then having to trailer it to be installed and tuned, especially seeing as it would be about 2-3hours drive either direction for me to tow car to tuners without an ecu, where as if i had a donor ecu that was the same format i could send it off to be modded and then drive the car to tuners for install etc. as well as have a standard unit in case there is a fault in future or i choose to sell the car and put it back to stock for some ungodly reason.

that would be my reasoning behind having a spare ecu is all