SAU Community

aftermarket ECU for series 2 auto

oxford1327

6 hours ago, oxford1327 said:

My next question is if an ecu with the number ending in 0V812 is compatible with the unit I have that ends in 0V811?

If not, what key differences are of concern? 

Someone with Nissan Fast could tell you that (see attached example I happen to have on file)

but the one I listed is an OV811

R34 ecus.jpg

How do I obtain a copy of FAST nowadays?, when I sold my last stag my copy of fast and translated workshop manual went with it. 

On the nistune page it has the 0V811. And 0V812 as being both for auto series 2 but wondered what the difference is? 

3 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

The tuner will do the install of the nistune for you. Drive car down to tuner exactly as it is now, when. You get there they will take out the ECU and install the nistune chip, put it back in the car and tune it, then you drive home

Okey dokey, cheers. I wasn't sure if it needed to be sent to them prior as didn't say anywhere on nistune site how long it took to install /mod ecu, so thought might be a send away jobbie,then take car to have fitted once mods complete. 

Apologies for my noob level of knowledge, it's been almost 10years since I've had any experience fiddling with cars and am learning all over again