SAU Community

Stagea s1.5, what does that mean exactly?

excitinglsd

Hi, i bought a Stagea and found out that gtr-registry.com calls my Stagea series 1.5 instead of series 1. i don't really know and cant find what that means tho, anyone know? does that mean that i could possibly have a ecu that can be fit with nistune?

Other than that i read in the thread for buyers that Stagea got keyless entry, i don't even have a key fob, just a regular old key without any buttons or anything.

thanks for answers :)

Some C34s have a key with two buttons for remote locking. . S1 had the R33 Mitsubishi CAS but some later S1 had the R34 Hitachi CAS . Has your car got the Neo engine that featured in some late S1 cars?

S1 ECUs are OV300, OV301 or OV310 and are not able to be Nistuned.

S2 ECUs have numbers like OV811 and can be Nistuned.

Hi, 

I also have a S1.5, mines a 25DE Neo. The ECU I have is a Hitachi and is not tubable. But yeah you should have a key with the two buttons on it to lock/unlock. Seems as though the previous owner may have lost that key and got a standard one cut or something?

11 hours ago, spudtatoe said:

Hi, 

I also have a S1.5, mines a 25DE Neo. The ECU I have is a Hitachi and is not tubable. But yeah you should have a key with the two buttons on it to lock/unlock. Seems as though the previous owner may have lost that key and got a standard one cut or something?

Your Hitachi ECU is not tunable but it is capable of being fitted with a Nistune chip and then it can be tuned - but no point really on a DE.

My stagea was produced 1997-10 according to gtr-registry, but i don't know if it has a neo engine or not the enging code says it is a RB25DET.

where is the ecu mounted, i could go and check what ecu i got, and hope for the latter s2 ecu.

Is there a way for me to buy a keyfob and program it to my stagea?

On 11/12/2017 at 10:51 PM, KiwiRS4T said:

Your Hitachi ECU is not tunable but it is capable of being fitted with a Nistune chip and then it can be tuned - but no point really on a DE.

Interesting, but S1 ecus cant have a nistune chip? and I'm able to have a nistune chip fitted because mines a S1.5 or neo correct? 
But yeah no point in doing that on a DE... just interesting on the ECU difference I guess.