SAU Community

Can anyone point me to any info they have and what Nismo parts make up the 4 levels of a r34 GTR Tune?

The 4 tune levels are:

Sports Resetting

S-Tune

R-Tune

Z-Tune

The R-Tune and Z-Tune both had the RB28 Block fitted. The other tunes all had the RB26 with modified internals, aero parts and Nismo Bolt on's.

Anyone have exactly what was done for each tune? I did a bit of a search around but my google kung-fu may not have been good enough.

My understand is these are different models released by nismo and the parts for sale are from those cars. 

to find a complete list would be as easy as finding a speedhunters or similar article outlining the differences in vehicle and tracking down those parts? 

R-Tune did not come with a 2.8L unless optioned with the F-Sport engine.

You're are correct about the 4 tune levels however the main thing to note is that customers could option any parts they liked on top of what was offered.

To be precise the 'tune levels' are:

- Sports Resetting

- S1/2

- R1/2

- F-Sport

The terms S-Tune, R-Tune & Z-Tune refer to actual cars built by Nismo. These have their own chassis id as well : eg. S-001, Z-001 etc.

Source: I have the Nismo tuning catalog (not to be confused with the parts catalog) which goes into detail along with prices for all 3 chassis'. I also have a BNR34 with one of the tune levels mentioned above.

• Like 2