SAU Community

Different Springs or NEw MCA/Shockworks setup?

I've ordered the Street Performance with 10/4 for my R33 GTS-T, also keen to see how they ride, I went around in circles for ages looking at all the options, it does your head in, everyone's opinion is different. But I'm confident I've made the right choice in the end.

• Like 1

I want to say this is because MCA have always used 'different' sping rates and make the difference up with valving.

Or something. Their numbers have always been signifigantly higher but it doesn't translate to 'more hardness/firmness' as such as if you ran around running 14/11 BC's or Bilsteins or Tein's or Shockworks or etc.

I want to say this is because MCA have always used 'different' sping rates and make the difference up with valving.
Or something. Their numbers have always been signifigantly higher but it doesn't translate to 'more hardness/firmness' as such as if you ran around running 14/11 BC's or Bilsteins or Tein's or Shockworks or etc.
I agree Kinkstaah, high spring rates don't mean everything and it does depend on valving, however having one of the first sets of blues that came off the line I can confirm they are valved somewhat agressive (have heard from someone who had purples say the valving of my blues was a lot harsher). I don't know if this has changed since the blues were first released but they are definitely not valved to be comfortable haha.

As mentioned even in the last year their product range has about doubled and their naming has changed to boot. Makes sense that they're continually refining the product, I guess as they can now say "WTAC Winnars" you'd want to make sure your product is front line and catering to as many needs as you can :P

Their pricing has also had a bump and if you want custom none off the shelf spring rates that's another $50 on top.

But yes high spring rates mean nothing, I was probably one of the first to try out their X-Series range with success and high spring rates back 2-3 years ago, funny enough they didn't even have boxes to fit R33 rear coilovers in so mine came in a king springs box lol 

Dirty plug, I can get MCA stuff too now 

• 5 months later...

Thread revival.  I don't suppose anyone has a review of the new MCA range now they've had them fitted?  I'm looking at MCA performance for R33 but the 10/4kg rates are making me think otherwise.  These used to be 10/7 when they were reviewed here last.  The front to rear difference has me concerned.  4kg is about the same as whiteline springs while the front is more than double.  I just can't get my head around how these won't understeer like crazy. 

Shockworks have a 8/6 as standard package but no stock for 6 weeks. 

MCA usually spec their shocks with standard sway bars.

Plus I think "ride" and performance are more to do with valving than spring rate alone.

I sold the GTR but I still have my track Silvia and i took their advice on what to change with the setup, not even using their coil overs and the car is better so I have some faith in what they say. 

They did also provide the suspension for the WTAC winning S13...