SAU Community

Sydney driving stupidity

PranK

Commuting every day in Sydney is trying at the best of times, the level of driver stupidity I see is mind boggling.

Knowing that I'm capturing a lot on my dash cam is tempting to share and shame but I usually let it go. God knows even I make mistakes sometimes.

This lady this morning was just cruising down the wrong side of the road in her E-Class. Absolutely stunning. 

• Like 1

Agree. Sydney has some terrible driving habits. Road rage is at ridiculous levels these days and theres zero courtesy. 

Funny thing is traffic woukd actually flow faster if people kept left unless overtaking, given way when merging, stop rubber necking when theres an incident on the road.... etc lol

I just got back from nelson bay. Barely any cars on the road and people are normal. The difference was noticed instantly when i got back into Sydney.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WantGTR said:

Agree. Sydney has some terrible driving habits. Road rage is at ridiculous levels these days and theres zero courtesy. 

Funny thing is traffic woukd actually flow faster if people kept left unless overtaking, given way when merging, stop rubber necking when theres an incident on the road.... etc lol

I just got back from nelson bay. Barely any cars on the road and people are normal. The difference was noticed instantly when i got back into Sydney.

Yeah, the lack of courtesy gets me. I let people in all the time and the amount of them that don't indicate and don't thank really get to me. We should start an SAU Courteous Drivers campaign! 

And yes, coming back into Sydney after driving out of the city is a rude awakening.

10 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

looks like she's overtaking?

I need to get a dash cam, also see some messed up driving here on the Gold Coast

She may have been overtaking. But, across double white lines? :)

My dash cam is ok, but as you can see the quality isn't great. I'm just ready for that person that tries to blame me for going through a red light and caused the accident. It worries the hell out of me. 

• Like 1

Definitely and attitude problem. How did we get like this?? haha

Places like Rome where the traffic is pure chaos. Everyone is beeping and pushing yet no one is getting out of the car acting like a hero lol

• Like 1

A huge problem I've maintained for years is that we don't do licence retesting and road rules aren't reinforced in people after they've been tested. Love to see some television ads or billboards promoting individual rules and practices like HOW TO ZIP MERGE, just to remind people who've forgotten or were never taught.

That and international drivers licences are a ridiculous concept.

My god, I had a woman tear through a roundabout the other day without using her indicator so I nearly launched into her, then she shrugs her shoulder and points to her indicator shaking her head trying to say sorry it's not working - then fix it or stay off the road f**khead, or at least drive slow enough that people can see your intentions!

• Like 1

@PranK submit it to dashcams aus, if it's featured then it will hit a larger audience. Just a shame the plate isn't recognisable.

you see it all when you commute on a motorbike, largely because I can filter through the gridlock and see the causes of said gridlock

drivers hogging the right most lane of the highway barely cracking 80 in a 110 zone with nobody in front of them, I'm not even breaking the speed limit and I see them slowly disappear behind me in my mirrors, do they not realise the traffic they are building up behind them?

People slowing down to rubber neck an accident that happened on the OTHER side of the highway, seriously, nothing impeding their way and a large concrete barrier on the other side

• Like 1

This thread should become our own version of dashcams aus, we can call it dashcams sau ;)

this moron thought it would be acceptable to almost cause a head on so he could save 20 seconds.

Turned out to be a courier, we ended up parking next to each other, when we got out of the car:

Me: What's your f#ckin rush?

Courier: I'm working

Me: that doesn't mean you can drive like a d#ckhead and nearly cause a head on

Courier: mutters something under his breath & keeps walking on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Birds said:

A huge problem I've maintained for years is that we don't do licence retesting and road rules aren't reinforced in people after they've been tested.

Yeah this is a biggie with me. People merging onto the bridge every day overtaking over solid lines. Its easy to get angry at them for f**king up the flow, but I just don't think they know its not a legal move. 

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo said:

This thread should become our own version of dashcams aus, we can call it dashcams sau ;)

Haha, then people might think we can't spell 'aus' :D

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo said:

this moron thought it would be acceptable to almost cause a head on so he could save 20 seconds.

Turned out to be a courier, we ended up parking next to each other, when we got out of the car:

Me: What's your f#ckin rush?

Courier: I'm working

Me: that doesn't mean you can drive like a d#ckhead and nearly cause a head on

Courier: mutters something under his breath & keeps walking on

Yeah, thats the taxi mentality. Because they're working they have access to laws not available to the rest of us. 

Nice cam btw - What is it? 

• Like 1

Get one cam for the rear of your car as well I need to one more for mine.

But yeah, Sydney drivers are atrocious and getting worse by the day (i.e. the people with fake overseas licences).

I miss driving in Netherlands so much, you'd think a city as populated as Amsterdam would be chaos, but 99% of people there are amazing drivers (the worst I saw were Africans, equivalent to your usual Sydney suspects).

19 hours ago, Birds said:

Melbourne is the city of people who don't acknowledge at all when you go out of your way to let them in

Most entitled drivers in the country

This.

I went to Sydney twice in past year, and I noticed that they're slightly better drivers than us Melbourne folks.

But f**kwit driving seems to be the norm these days, I miss driving in Europe.

9 hours ago, PranK said:

Yeah this is a biggie with me. People merging onto the bridge every day overtaking over solid lines. Its easy to get angry at them for f**king up the flow, but I just don't think they know its not a legal move. 

Haha, then people might think we can't spell 'aus' :D

Yeah, thats the taxi mentality. Because they're working they have access to laws not available to the rest of us. 

Nice cam btw - What is it? 

front brand is gater - loop records & records in 1080p

rear one is garmin, same specs but I can't seem to get any audio, but no biggie for me just black box recording