SAU Community

Valuation of r33 gtst 1998 40th anniversary

Hi guys,

Hoping you can help. I have a black R33 gtst 40th anniversary skyline. 2dr 5sp manual coupe. 105km on the clock. What's the current valuation on this car? Some sites value it between 7k-10k. Just want to check if thats a reasonable valuation.

Cheers

There was one a few months back at a dealer in vic. It was stock, dark blue reasonable condition not mint 140,000km sold for $15,500. I wouldnt want to sell mine for much less. if in good condtion, supply is getting low for good cars there is only 27 r33 gtst for sale on carsales and 85% of them are rubbish.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dyl33 said:

There was one a few months back at a dealer in vic. It was stock, dark blue reasonable condition not mint 140,000km sold for $15,500. I wouldnt want to sell mine for much less. if in good condtion, supply is getting low for good cars there is only 27 r33 gtst for sale on carsales and 85% of them are rubbish.

That's really helpful to know. Thank you!  

What they're advertised for and what they sell for are 2 different things. As said in the first reply its what the market is willing to pay. Imo, if it's nice and neat, 7-10k sounds about right. If its absolutely immaculate and flawless with very low km then it could be worth a bit over 10.

That's why I asked the question. I found it difficult to find an r33 of similar condition to compare mine to and with a lot of the vehicles I've seen over the 10k mark, they have been mechanically modified so i can understand the asking price but they're not that neat looking. 

I'm not looking to sell mine but in the 13yrs I've had my car, this is the first time I've looked into the monetary value and after doing more research today, I can easily say, without prejudice, that she is immaculate so I'm rather stoked! Thank you!

Ps guys. Thanks for replying. I can finally see there are skyline owners who appreciate and look after their cars just as I do. I struggle to even spot an r33 on the road or for sale on line that is well maintained however coming to forum like this, I can see there are some remaining. Vxsr33, pic of ur car is prime example. Glad I came here. If anyone else has an r33 gtst 40th anniversary. Please join in. There's not much info about this model other than it was the last of the r33's produced. And only a guestimate of a couple hundred thousand being produced.  Would love to hear about your experiences and knowledge of this model. The only pet hate I have is that she's not responsive and lags on hot days (aircon on too) so if i were to modify, happy to hear of any reasonable suggestions you guys might have done with yours.

Edited by Stephy P

I personally think you could get around 11-12k, maybe a bit more if you wait for the right buyer. Someone who is just looking for a stock immaculate example that has been well taken care of.

If i were you and i wanted to sell I would probs put up for 14k on carsales with heaps of high quality photos and a detailed description. There aren't many r33s on carsales, they are overpriced and they don't look to be in great condition so yours would stand out in comparison.

Thanks, I take care of my car the best i can but it's far from immaculate condition.

I think turbo cars in general feel a lot more sluggish and less responsive in the heat than NA. Aircon on causes a noticeable performance loss, especially on skylines. A front mount intercooler could help keep the air temp cooler in hotter weather.

• 4 weeks later...

Got one....and its not what's its valued at that is critical.........its what it would cost to replace it.  If you went to a '17ish vehicle with the same performance and cred... you wouldn't get much change out of $50K [and could double that for some, depends on choice] IMO. 

BTW mine cost me $27K in 2001 with the obligatory 40K on the clock.  Second hand [well probably third hand really, Japan owner, Australian importer/owner then me].

I also have a 97 S2.5 genuine LP2 Midnight Purple R33 GTST 40th Anniversary Coupe.

Imported 3yrs ago with 96,400kms, now has just touched 100,000kms.

Absolutely stock, inc cassette player , nissan cd stacker, oem exhaust, oem everything in mint condition.

Engine is absolutely stock, interior is mint. Stock automatic which has punch, so don't diss the auto's cause they are great.

Only mods are 18" rims.

With import papers, import approval documents etc. Insured for just over $20k+.

I might sell for the right price as Ive just bought an S1 MNP GTR. [emoji846]

I doubt you'd find any mint 40th Annoversary GTST's come up for auction/import so prices are just going up.

Insuring both is expensive to say the least.

IMG_2396.jpg