SAU Community

Cedric y34 radio/climate control buttons aint working. Problem!?

The0

Hi

I have owned Cedric hy34 300lx vq30det CVT for a 2 years now. Its a great and one of a kind car in luxury car class history with this awesome technic, it really is a driving experience one of a kind to drive this car when it works propelly. Car really drives/runs like a train, so smooth and fine that i claim that a Mercedes S-class ride feels cheap after this. =)

I have had few technical issues with the car what i have solved, one by one by my self. Now i almost have beated all the problems and for now, the last one is there. With this issue im lost and having a bit hard time to understand and thats why i am asking if anyone else there, somewhere, in some country have had this kind of problems with hes/hers Gloria/Cedric. The problem has been there since the car was imported straight from the country of rising sun.

Climate control buttons+radio buttons aint working at sometimes. Its even a bit hard to explain especially English aint my mother language as you have surely noticed already, hmm i try my best.. :P

When i turn on the ignition or start a car, whatever. Buttons sometimes works and sometimes does not. When i go for drive they suddenly starts to work or suddenly stops working on drive.

Because the car is strange Japanese architecture and i dont understand even a half what navigator/computer settings are i tough first that there must be some locking what disables some buttons in some speed OR SOMETHING like that. But it seems its more likely a broken climate/radio unit or something.

There is also a cd track forward button thats has been broke from the beginning. A buttons is somehow very loose and feels its not attached to anything it just hangs on there, not working never either(ive also been thinking is it possible that this broke button is time by time full pushed to bottom all the time what disables all other buttons, but ive forgot the idear because shouldnt the cd change songs repeatly if that would be the problem and it aint....?!?!?!?). I can add a video later about the broke button to realise what i mean.

I also added a picture from my dash/unit where i can show which buttons stops working and which works all the time.(Green spots are buttons that works always and red spots are buttons that stops working a time by time.)  I marked the broke button wrong in picture with two red dots, i marked track reverse to be a broke one for a mistake, correct one is track forward button next to it!

Ive already tryed to find a used replace part/unit from Japan auctions and i found a few on sale but it seems that there is propably 3 kind of these units available. It seems its manufactored by Clarion for Nissan and one model is without navigation cd slot and two with it. But which one part number part my car has, i dont know and i think that only way to even get this part number is to remove the unit to find out.

Is there anyone anywhere who have had this kind of issues or could have some help for me before i have to remove half of my car interior to remove a holy center console to get this climate/ radio unit out of there for inspection. !!!?????!! HELP PLEASE!

thumbnailrdsdfg.jpg

Edited by The0

hmmm thats pretty bizarre. especially if you're replaced the unit. I would have thought maybe lose connections on the rear of the unit.

The ones I've worked on were all headunits for the cars with 6 stack CD player.

The other buttons just below the top screen, do they work all the time? the ones for changing map settings and directional stick.

• 5 months later...

Hi, 

I have pretty similar proplem with my 1999 Cedric y34, rear window heater button works nothing else doesnt.. On dash screen comes some text on Japan.. I used google translate and had "Please insert programmed CD" any ideas what CD that means??  Sorry my bad english :)

IMG_20180510_121103.jpg

My car has only DVD drive on the head unit..? Is there any place where i can get a correct map CD?

Yahoo auctions. Or a japanese car importer might have one spare or something.  

Does the headunit drive say its DVD like the image in the first post? What about inside the glovebox?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 12:39 PM, Leroy Peterson said:

hmmm thats pretty bizarre. especially if you're replaced the unit. I would have thought maybe lose connections on the rear of the unit.

The ones I've worked on were all headunits for the cars with 6 stack CD player.

The other buttons just below the top screen, do they work all the time? the ones for changing map settings and directional stick.

Sorry for forgetting this thread after posting it but i sold the car.

I didnt ever had time to try to resolve this problem but this is a very good thread for future because this seems to be a common problem with these cars. I was guessing faulty unit or bad wire or plug somewhere on some part of harness.

No i did mean i did try to find a new unit but i didnt know what type to buy because there were available couple units which were outside identical/similiar units available for y34, but there is different part number between those units(i think there has been available 3 different units from Nissan, 1 without dvd slot and 2 with dvd slots). So be careful, before buying a new/used unit! Remove the center console and unit and check the part number behind it that it is the same that you are buying!

Or offcourse you can bring the unit to some local famous car electrician workshop where they can open it and look for bad weldings etc.

Mine did have 6cd changer in a glove box and unit with dvd player for the Navi dvd.

Also buttons under the top screen did work fine all the time.

Edited by The0

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, STATUS said:

Did you ever end up fixing it? mine doesnt even power up the in dash screen.

No, i had a bad luck, there was also no fault codes visible with proper JOBD2 reader no from the climate control unit or from the multimedia either. Then i did changed all the fuses and relays, also changed the unit(ordered it from jpn for a 800e. After that removed the center concole and dash. Then i did looked up the hole wiring inside the dash and found no shorts and a connectors were also not broken or anything. Also the all the grounding was ok.

Later i wasnt even able to even drive the car on a rainy days because the climate worked when it wanted to.

It was great car till this moment but all this shit was too much and it also started to rust at every single corner of it even under the window seals, poor made wannabe luxurious car!

After everything i gave up and decided its my last newer Jdm Nissan...

Sorry no help for the problem.

• Thanks 1