SAU Community

OS Giken OS-88 6 Speed Sequential Gearbox

Hi guys,

I have up for grabs my OS Giken OS88 6 Speed sequential gearbox. This was originally purchased in October 2014 and received June 2015 after an 8 month wait from OS Giken.

This is the updated version with the extended sump on it.

I optioned this up with "option 2" gear ratio's. (This is an extra $1,000 option over the standard box price). This has the shortest 1st and the tallest 6th (6th same as the factory R32/R33 GTR 5th speed) so it's not spinning higher than it needs to be on the freeway. The ratios are;  Option 2: 2.890, 1.981, 1.468, 1.174, 1.000, 0.757.

I have also upgraded the gear position sensor to a Novotechnik Item as shown in the photo's below. This does away with the OSG 'switch style' sensor.

The box has done no more than 350 km's on the street and a full flex tune on the dyno, so it's as good as brand new. Motul 75W-140 fully synthetic oil was used. That was the product recommended by Award Diff and Gearbox. It will not be driven again apart from the 15-20 odd Km's to where it will be removed.

Whats included?

- OS-88 6 speed sequential gearbox - Option 2 ratio's.

- OS-88 transmission crossmember for BNR32/BCNR33

- Novotechnik gear position sensor

- OS-88 Adjustable release fork kit

- OS-88 direct shifter kit (bent style)

- Release bearing

- Gear indicator

The gearbox is currently in the car and will be removed within the next couple weeks. I will be happy to take someone for a demonstration drive, HOWEVER, not without a $2,000 deposit. If you're interested in the gearbox you will (well should) know what they're about. The transfer case in those photo's is NOT included. I need that!

Apart from the clutch (I used the OS Giken R3C) this is a whole and true bolt in package.

Location is Georges Hall, Sydney. I will post at buyers expense.

Contact me VIA PM.

Price is $16,000

OS88 gear position sensor in gearbox.jpg

OS88 gear position sensor.jpg

OS88 whole 2.jpg

OS88 whole.jpg

• Like 2

Paul chuck the ad on the Pommy site. With them buying in pounds to the aussies peso you might get more sniffs.

Freight to Europe easy to sort but import tax to UK would rip anew orifice.

Worth a go as going to be one of those slow sells as unique piece of equipment and will only suit a refined buyer or drug dealer.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

Or how "cash" makes it worth 40% less than the asking price? ?

You don't understand high finance Micko, Brett's and many other blokes $1 "cash" is worth $1.45.455 to them , easy :pirate: I think lol

Nice try Brett, no wonder you could build that beaut car :17_heart_eyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2