SAU Community

Alpha Omega Evo 350mm w/ Enkei RPF1 17x9.5+18 Fitment Question

Frat32

12 hours ago, oxford1327 said:

...and would you be able to chuck a ruler in there when you have a chance to show the distance from the rotor face to the caliper front face?

Outside rotor face to outside caliper face ~44.5mm

Just a note...Remember that these measurements don't account for the rotor and caliper offset from the hub/mount. So if you are comparing the measurement I got to one you got with a different rotor/caliper combo, the numbers may be very different, even if the distance from the actual hub to the outer caliper face is the same.

For example, your rotor sits 20mm in (under the car) from the hub face, and you get a measurement of 50mm from rotor face to caliper face, so the caliper face is 50 - 20 = 30mm out from the hub, whereas my rotor sits 10mm in (under the car) from the hub face and I get a measurement of 44.5mm from rotor face to caliper face, so the caliper face is 44.5 - 10 = 34.5mm out from the hub. Here we see that even though I have a smaller distance between rotor face/caliper face, the distance from the actual hub is 4.5mm further (and so 4.5mm closer to the wheel spokes).

I'm not sure if the caliper offset is the same or not between the stock and D2 rotors so it's impossible to give an actual answer.

caliper 1.jpg

caliper 2.jpg

Awesome, you sir are a superstar! That will give me a perfect indication of the difference in caliper offsets to the bolt face of the wheel as regardless of where the disc sits the  caliper "height" from the mounting surface is what I'm seeking as that mount point is the datum I need to measure from to get the backspace of the rim for caliper clearance, if that makes sense? The rim will always bolt up to face of the rotors hat does not matter what thickness the hat is, but the caliper mount is fixed on the car, so the disc will always be offset to the Centre of the calipers, and assuming the rotors are a 32mm thickness that would make those caliper around 140mm wide and the mount point around 20-25mm inside that?