• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Eager    4

So I went and ordered a 6 boost, gtx3076 and 50mm wastegate. The shop doing my work is asking about the screamer pipe

how do most have them ? I don’t think I want it rejoining the exhaust so was thinking just run it out near the gearbox area facing the ground. 

I’m new to this so any advice welcome. It’s a r34 gtt 

Eager    4
  • Topic Author
  • It’s not something I’ve gave thought. I just know there is plenty with external wastegate over here with screamer 

Edited by Eager

GTSBoy    1,085

Well, most screamer pipes are as you describe your intention, but most here in Oz do not have screamers on road cars because the police like to inflict unrequested anal intercourse on the drivers of vehicles detected using the public motorway with such obviously socially reprehensible exhaust plumbing installed on their car.

In real terms, a screamer will make the least disturbance to your post turbine exhaust flow and maximise the capacity of whatever size exhaust pipe you have.  But also in real terms, a 3076 is not a large turbo, and it is easy enough to find a route for the wastegate pipe to rejoin a 3.5" or 4" dump before the cat without significantly increasing the back pressure on the turbine and thus maintain sufficient veneer of respectability to reduce the chance of unlubricated rectal examination by Plod.

• Like 2
    • Haha 1

Eager    4
  • Topic Author
  • Well after a we bit more research, there won’t be a issue with having it here. It will pass road test as it’s not going to be generating boost through the test process. And it’s not a daily so I’m not concerned about it being loud 

• Like 1

Kinkstaah    350

Realistically from an engineering and fun standpoint what you are doing is fine.

If there's no issue, or "no issue" then man do it. The only reason people plumb them in is because we're worried what people think about the sound, and by 'people' we mean police.

It's juvenile, but car people love loud cars and juvenile shit (when noone is watching)

• Like 2

sneakey pete    244

Personally, I hate how they sound and would plumb mine back in regardless of the law....

i'll go now.

• Like 2

admS15    823
    Personally, I hate how they sound and would plumb mine back in regardless of the law....

i'll go now.
    Please wash your mouth out with soap and refrain from making horrible sensible suggestions in future. Lol.

• Haha 2

GTSBoy    1,085

I think the noise is just terrible too.  It's just too loud and obnoxious right under the front of the car.

• Like 3

JustinP    14

I can't stand that noise either, it ruins the sound of the car!

Eager    4
  • Topic Author
  • well I’ll try it to atmosphere and if and when I get bored of it I’ll have it merged with the main system 

Kinkstaah    350

Y'all bonkers.

The only bad thing about screamer pipes is the sound is very jarring if you have an otherwise quiet exhaust system.
    So when you plumb it in, remove a muffler. ;)

r32-25t    2,816

Sounds like people who are jealous they don’t have them 

• Like 1

niZmO_Man    1,288
    11 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Install a muffler on it, my mate did it on his S15 and I dare say sounded good and not obnoxious like a screamer on it's own.

That's interesting. Any audio/vid?

2 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

That's interesting. Any audio/vid?

no :(

car was sold 1.5 years ago, but you might see it around. Has metal flared guards, silver, Plaz W2A IC, 7064 EFR, 2.2L SR20, Silver in colour