SAU Community

Screamer pipe

Eager

So I went and ordered a 6 boost, gtx3076 and 50mm wastegate. The shop doing my work is asking about the screamer pipe

how do most have them ? I don’t think I want it rejoining the exhaust so was thinking just run it out near the gearbox area facing the ground. 

I’m new to this so any advice welcome. It’s a r34 gtt 

Well, most screamer pipes are as you describe your intention, but most here in Oz do not have screamers on road cars because the police like to inflict unrequested anal intercourse on the drivers of vehicles detected using the public motorway with such obviously socially reprehensible exhaust plumbing installed on their car.

In real terms, a screamer will make the least disturbance to your post turbine exhaust flow and maximise the capacity of whatever size exhaust pipe you have.  But also in real terms, a 3076 is not a large turbo, and it is easy enough to find a route for the wastegate pipe to rejoin a 3.5" or 4" dump before the cat without significantly increasing the back pressure on the turbine and thus maintain sufficient veneer of respectability to reduce the chance of unlubricated rectal examination by Plod.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well after a we bit more research, there won’t be a issue with having it here. It will pass road test as it’s not going to be generating boost through the test process. And it’s not a daily so I’m not concerned about it being loud 

• Like 1

Realistically from an engineering and fun standpoint what you are doing is fine.

If there's no issue, or "no issue" then man do it. The only reason people plumb them in is because we're worried what people think about the sound, and by 'people' we mean police.

It's juvenile, but car people love loud cars and juvenile shit (when noone is watching)

• Like 2

Personally, I hate how they sound and would plumb mine back in regardless of the law....

i'll go now.
Please wash your mouth out with soap and refrain from making horrible sensible suggestions in future. Lol.

• Haha 2