• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

PranK

My E90 BMW 330i

These guys. The LCI ones are different.

image.png

Couldn't find the exact ones, but like these; 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-2Pcs-Free-Angel-Eyes-CREE-LED-Halo-Ring-Light-Bulbs-For-BMW-E90-E91-3-Series/152920505921

Ah cool, looks like that design should last a while (unless the soldering and electrical components are poor quality).

2 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Ah cool, looks like that design should last a while (unless the soldering and electrical components are poor quality).

Yeah. I had heard of a lot of others having problems with their led upgrades within months of changing them so I tried to find a decent one. They've been in now since April I think with no issues. #touchwood.

So today I did the brakes. Ever since I got the car I was a little underwhelmed by the brakes and they are usually known as being really good. Also lately I've started getting a horrible shake in the steering wheel and brake pedal when showing from over 70ish.

I also bought myself a pressure bleeder. I've had so many issues in the past with shit bleeding and the Bora had weird brakes that made bleeding difficult. I decided that rather than being afraid of bleeding how about I get the right tool. Holy shit. It almost makes bleeding fun. Fill it with fluid, attach it to the resovoir, pump it up to 15psi and just bleed.

So I flushed all the fluid in it with some nulon fluid. The old stuff didn't look too bad but I had no idea how long it was there.
I also put new DBA T2 rotors and Bendix Ultimates.

I've left the rear for the moment the rotors and pads looked fine when I bled them. Unlike the fronts that were lipped and scored and likely had some kind of warping.

I've only done a bed in drive up and down my street so far and holy shit they feel amazing. The car feels so so planted on the road and there's no pulsing or shaking at all. This is by far one of the most satisfying car DIY jobs I've done. It's chalk and cheese with the old ones.

It doesn't hurt that they're also very sexy.
20180915_173818.jpg

That's odd that you're brakes weren't great. The brakes would be right up there on our wagons they're really, really good.
Any chance you've got some mediocre tires on it? I should imagine that could also be a big influence on your pedal.

Good to see you haven't shyed away. And that is a pretty sweet looking upgrade!

18 hours ago, Steve85 said:

That's odd that you're brakes weren't great. The brakes would be right up there on our wagons they're really, really good.
Any chance you've got some mediocre tires on it? I should imagine that could also be a big influence on your pedal.

Good to see you haven't shyed away. And that is a pretty sweet looking upgrade!

The rotors looked shit when I took them off as well as cheaper pads. I've seen more than one sign that the previous owner like to save pennies. No idea how old that fluid was. Considering the car has only just clicked over 60ks I could very well be dealing with factory fitted disk's and fluid. 

Tyres are Bridgestone rft's on the front. Good enough. Good pads and rotors are all this car needed. I like slowing down more than speeding up atm. :)

• Like 1

So, one of my angel eye LED's has already packed it up. Instead of blindly replacing it, I think I'll get it out and cut it up to see where the failure is. LED's are pretty simple and I can't see why it would just fail unless there is a broken connection.

On the weekend I replaced my VANOS solenoids. One of the old ones (exhaust) was throwing errors and making my car rev up and down sometimes at traffic lights. I was also hoping that changing them out would fix a small miss/hesitation under load occasionally. I can confirm the miss is gone, the revving is gone and there are no errors. I think the car is a little more snappy low down now too. 

I didn't get $300ea BMW solenoids, I got $60ea after market ones. I figure even if they don't last I can buy another 4 pairs before even meeting the BMW price.

Hopefully getting her tinted in the next week.

• Like 1

Good to hear there are cheaper alternatives that hopefully last. I'm getting worried about the variable timing stuff on my Subaru.

Matte M4 grille and new MSport Style 225 19s.

Its now at a point where I like turning to look at it after parking. I totally love the 225s. 

20190303_143151.jpg

20190303_143040.jpg

• Like 2

Nice and clean.

Also finally trimmed my headliner and pillar trims. I'll post pics soon.20190513_135823.jpeg