SAU Community

Issues Fitting 1/2 Height Injectors (1300, 1550, 1700, 2000, etc.) with Extenders to RB25 NEO Intake Manifolds

Thats a pic of standard injector seated in manifold.Screenshot_20180122-174707.thumb.png.068ceb99a81f538477dbc3e0d8547949.png

Do you think there would be any gains to try and make the injectors sit here compared to where they are sitting with the spacer installed which is approximately 8mm further out.

I would assume we could just drill the injector hole a little to let the spacer go further down.

When i get a chance ill have a go and see what happens lol

• Like 1

I believe the 1550cc aka 1650cc (at 4bar) are more so a pencil stream injector so it wouldn't matter too much.

I've tried to look for spray pattern videos or photos but didn't find any solid evidence of the spray pattern.

In saying all this, I can safely say the 1550cc Bosch injectors actually run very well, dare say better than my old 875cc Siemen DEKA V (stainless shorties). However many variables such as an old tired motor, non NEO head and stock vs non stock parts.

Still same ECU.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 7:33 PM, NEO25T said:

Does that top water passage have any requirement other than being a source point for other components?

On inspection, purely to cool the upper area of the manifold, provide water to the bleeder and the turbo.

You could go without feeding it any water and deleting the bleeder and sourcing the water elsewhere

36 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

On inspection, purely to cool the upper area of the manifold, provide water to the bleeder and the turbo.

You could go without feeding it any water and deleting the bleeder and sourcing the water elsewhere

Ill have a better look at it later this week but im sure you can basically cut that top part off and just keep, how do i explain it, like 2 posts where the rail bolts down.

Then screw or weld dash fittings in to the water points you require as they will still be accessable.

Bit of stuffing around to fit injectors but for people that have nothing better to do it might be an option.