SAU Community

Audio HELP!! in my stripped R32 > Tablet to door speakers!

sethaiyaar

Hi Guys,

So I inherited a stripped out R32 GTT so I'm looking to get a simple music setup going (No HU present and No harness!)

Basically, I would like Nexus 7 > 3.5mm to RCA converter > Amplifier(small) > 2x front door Speakers

I have tried looking everywhere for this setup but finding inconclusive information. Can anyone point me in this direction with setup method or products?

I don't want the best sound possible - just something decent enough (OEM spec)

THANKS!

Should be pretty easy and cheap or as expensive as you want to go depending on brand

3.5mm to RCA: <$10

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-entertainment/tv-accessories/belkin/belkin-essential-stereo-rca-to-3-5mm-audio-cable-2-0m/357294/

a 2-channel amp: $89 this will only run a small sub or 2 x speakers as you've mentioned

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/gps-car-audio/amplifiers/pioneer/pioneer-gm-a3702-2-channel-bridgeable-amplifier/318026/

and then your pick of speakers that fit, I"m guessing 6" usually in the front, there's not really much else to it, except a wiring kit and possibly some RCA female to male cables depending on where you install the amp.

The only tricky part now that i think of it, is you normally wire the power direct from the battery, and then there's a signal wire from the head unit which actually turns it on, so this signal wire I'm guessing you could wire up to an ignition or acc source to achieve the same thing

I can wire the power without it being an issue but my question is more over sound quality - surely it cant be this simple right?

Any need to DACs or pre-processing units (i don't know what they are, just words from my research!)

Yes it would work. How it would sound is another issue.

I'm sure if you went in to JB hifi where they have headunits, amps and speakers set up, you could ask them if you can plug your phone directly into the amp to test. might have to bring your own 3.5mm>RCA cable or buy one there