SAU Community

Wanted: 3.9 gear set to suit R200 long nose LSD

WalkyHR31

Wanting 3.9 gear set for my HR31 LN diff. Diff in good cond so only need the gears. Currently has standard 4.375 gear set with LSD plate clutches which is too short for track work. Would consider diff swap if your diff in good condition and not viscious LSD. If so, can test drive mine. Am in SYD.

3.9's are hard to get, in Australia your best bet will be to get a set from a Z31 at the wreckers although they are not in all year models. 3.7 is quite common though and that's in the majority of Z31's which were delivered to Australia. If you don't mind mucking around the older Z cars have 3.7 and 3.54 but you'll need to make spacers for the diff centre as the bolts are 1mm smaller. This isn't an issue from a strength point of view but it's a bit of mucking around to make it work.

Thanks for that. Tried a few wreckers over past 6 months and All Z Parts but no luck so far. 3.7 would be a bit tall I think although I am slowly building an RB30/25 to replace my Rb25. But 4.375 to 3.7 is a big difference.

My diff man told me if bolts smaller dia they would drill out CW to take my bigger size or if bigger than mine use spacers as you suggested so either way should work. Stll prefer 3.9 if someone has them or knows where a set are.