SAU Community

Need some advice, coilover and Front upper arm.

Hey guys Im about to place a bulk order for my R32 GTR in the states.  Im kinda stuck between the Cusco Street Zero A's (8/10 spring rates) and the HKS Hipermax IV SP (7/7 Spring rates) Wheels are 18x9's with either a 255/35 or possibly a 265/35.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/hks-hipermax-iv-sp-coilover-suspension-bnr32.html 

https://www.rhdjapan.com/cusco-street-zero-a-red-coilover-kit-bnr32.html

Also when is a front camber arm needed roughly?  To give an idea of the ride height im gonna have I included a couple pics below.  Id perfer to stick with the Cusco fixed arm in the front vs an adjustable I see they offer 3 different sizes +5mm, OEM and -10.   Im assuming for my planed ride height the OEM would be better?

Thanks for the help.

f278d4120071e32dbc325d5b766b9a6f.jpg

RAL_5161.jpg

Any non-articulated arm is poison on an R32.  Doesn't matter what length, what style of bush or bearing at the ends.  All bad.  The best, absolute best, option right now is this, based on the arms used in Group A GTRs back in the day.  I have recently put some on my car and they are really good.

As to coilovers.....my opinion is that any off the shelf brand name coilover is a bad choice.  If you're going to follow my advice on the arms (and therefore be ordering something from Australia to be sent to you in Trumpistan) then you should also consult MCA here about options.  Their stuff is properly developed from real motorsport experience, not hard as rocks poorly damped Jap struts.

Edited by GTSBoy

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

Any non-articulated arm is poison on an R32.  Doesn't matter what length, what style of bush or bearing at the ends.  All bad.  The best, absolute best, option right now is this, based on the arms used in Group A GTRs back in the day.  I have recently put some on my car and they are really good.

As to coilovers.....my opinion is that any off the shelf brand name coilover is a bad choice.  If you're going to follow my advice on the arms (and therefore be ordering something from Australia to be sent to you in Trumpistan) then you should also consult MCA here about options.  Their stuff is properly developed from real motorsport experience, not hard as rocks poorly damped Jap struts.

Interesting man thanks for the info on both.

index.jpg

• Haha 1