SAU Community

RB25DET Neo cutting out after motor swap

OSH1FT

Hi guys,

I've recently installed a new RB25det neo into my R34 after the old one developed some issues. After a bit of messing around I got it running and idling beautifully. Took it to my tuner to have the nistune and Z32 tuned properly and it now runs and pulls all the way on the dyno - no issues there.

Loaded it back on the trailer and took it home, but now when I try to drive it up and down the street itll bog down and stall as if an intercooler pipe had blown off (however it's still completely secure). Sometimes the car will stall then wont start again for half an hour, sometimes it starts up straight away. The bogging down tends to happen when going over small bumps in the road or when turning.

I'm assuming its wiring related as it runs beautifully when stationary or on the dyno, however I can't work out what wiring problem would cause it to bog this way.

Any ideas?

check ECCS relays and connections, also fuel pump relay and fuse and connections other possibility is ignitor loom,

mine was brittle as, shorting everywhere. Check the connections to resistor pack both sides. Good luck.