SAU Community

EV14 Injectors evolving .

This is FICs calculator .

https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/flow-calculator

For shits 'n giggles I entered 670 wheel Hp at 43.5 base pressure @ 85% DC and for 4 and 6 cylinders (injectors) . It came up with around 1860cc and 1250cc for 4 and 6 .

I think I prefer ASNUs ideas about making up their own diffuser plate cap fitting than the exposed ball valve . They have a version of the 1650 or whatever EV14 and you'd think it would break up the spray a bit better than a bare ball .

Edited by discopotato03

On 10/02/2018 at 6:47 PM, Mick_o said:

My 1300s are the same. 

You went way too small if you'r aiming for 500kw Pete.

Piggy is at 87 or so % duty cycle with 1700s at 486kw. 

74% mate ?

6 hours ago, Piggaz said:

Stock I’m fairly sure. Would have to confirm that though mate.

High chance that's stock pressure Paul, if they were at 3.5 or even 4 bar you would be at like 50~60% DC haha

Downside to higher pressure, the car won't idle too nicely on 98RON as the IPW is so low - but then again as Paul would say it's commuter fuel.

28 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

High chance that's stock pressure Paul, if they were at 3.5 or even 4 bar you would be at like 50~60% DC haha

Downside to higher pressure, the car won't idle too nicely on 98RON as the IPW is so low - but then again as Paul would say it's commuter fuel.

True. But then you could just size injectors correctly and not flog the ass out of the pumps.

1 hour ago, Piggaz said:

True. But then you could just size injectors correctly and not flog the ass out of the pumps.

Also depends on how much boost you want to play with - all a balancing act at the end of the day.

ID1700X if you baller 1550cc Bosch Motorsports if you're willing and 1250cc modified Bosch injectors if you're a bit strapped for cash lol

• 1 year later...

Hi all , old thread I know but I need some info on the injectors that will be in next years Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 .

The engine is a 5.2L four cam supercharged V8 , named Predator , and surprisingly it will still have port fuel injection .

The largest current GT500 Shelby V8 injectors I know of are 630cc/~60lb Bosch EV14 mid length - 0280 158 298 .

I'm guessing that an around 750 Hp supercharged V8 would need 700 + cc injectors assuming they use one per cylinder .

They should be interesting because anything that can meet current emissions regs would have to have good atomisation which could be difficult to achieve in a biggish injector .

I have searched but not much info available that I could find .

Thanks in advance , cheers from Adrian .

• 9 months later...
On 14/02/2018 at 1:57 PM, Piggaz said:

Old comment, but never saw this and seeing as the thread has been pumped I feel compelled to address it haha.  Running 3.5bar or so base fuel pressure is so far from flogging the ass out of pumps.   It makes way more sense running 3.5-4 bar base pressure on sensible sized injectors than running CNG based or other nugget things that a lot of people do to try and get sensible fuel flow for E85.    It's real common these days for factory cars even to run that range rail pressure, turbo Falcons all run 4bar base.   

Most of these "Bosch 1700" etc injectors don't even match the claimed flow rate at 3bar differential pressure, the likes of ID1700x at 3.5bar will flow an extraordinary amount of power and if everything is specced correctly there will be 0 issues at that fuel pressure.

Edited by Lithium