SAU Community

EV14 Injectors evolving .

2 hours ago, AngryRB said:

Where do xspurt injectors sit amoungst the modified injectors?

I have had the 1000's on both the Rb25 and now 3025neo and in both motors when cruising there a slight stutter/jerk happening, worse when engines cold. 2 tuners have played with it and point toward the injector size or the power fc being an old model.  It would make sense if the atomisation was crap at light throttle, would E85 help the atomisation or cause more issue ?

The tips are milled off, they even clearly state that in their listings. At least they're honest!

3 hours ago, AngryRB said:

Where do xspurt injectors sit amoungst the modified injectors?

I have had the 1000's on both the Rb25 and now 3025neo and in both motors when cruising there a slight stutter/jerk happening, worse when engines cold. 2 tuners have played with it and point toward the injector size or the power fc being an old model.  It would make sense if the atomisation was crap at light throttle, would E85 help the atomisation or cause more issue ?

E85 will help because of the longer pulse widths required.  Atomisation won't really be any better, might even be a little worse (effectively) because E85 is less volatile than straight petrol.

If i was going to run the Bosch '040' 980cc injector with the extended tip in an RB26, where would i find the appropriate adapters to suit standard RB26 plenum/fuel rail?

Link to bosch motorsport website with info on the injector https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.com.au/980cc-min-ev14-injector
0280158040.jpg

6 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

If i was going to run the Bosch '040' 980cc injector with the extended tip in an RB26, where would i find the appropriate adapters to suit standard RB26 plenum/fuel rail?

Link to bosch motorsport website with info on the injector https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.com.au/980cc-min-ev14-injector

https://www.efisolutions.com.au/injector-nozzle-adapter

Something like this,  sorry didnt check to see if they were the right size for rb26 but gives you somewhere to start 

Some people OS are running those with the tip extending further into the inlet manifold . Been a while since I looked inside an RB26 manifold , if the standard injectors are recessed up tunnels like the Neo25s are then you could run a shorter lower hat and have the tip closer to the air stream in the manifold runners .

Those 0280 158 040 injectors are supposed to have a 30 degree spray cone but it wouldn't be real good if it was spraying all over the inside of a recessed tunnel .

The xT or extended tip EV14s are approx 13mm longer in the snout than the standard tip length ones .

In a way its a pity that the 333/334 1600 odd cc version isn't available with the extended tip . Make life easier for those that need big "3/4 adapted" length injectors .

A .   

10 hours ago, discopotato03 said:

Some people OS are running those with the tip extending further into the inlet manifold . Been a while since I looked inside an RB26 manifold , if the standard injectors are recessed up tunnels like the Neo25s are then you could run a shorter lower hat and have the tip closer to the air stream in the manifold runners .

Those 0280 158 040 injectors are supposed to have a 30 degree spray cone but it wouldn't be real good if it was spraying all over the inside of a recessed tunnel .

The xT or extended tip EV14s are approx 13mm longer in the snout than the standard tip length ones .

In a way its a pity that the 333/334 1600 odd cc version isn't available with the extended tip . Make life easier for those that need big "3/4 adapted" length injectors .

A .   

I would really like to know how far in they would sit. I can't take my plenum off to see and i didnt take any pics of the injector mounting position. My mate runs these 040 injectors in his Evo 6 with hypertune inlet manifold and he runs them with the tips sitting all the way in the manifold.

Obviously unmolested EV14 series injectors atomise better at their tips than the factory injectors of the 80s/90s did . I get the feeling that small single pintle ie EV1 injectors were intended to have a narrow spray cone further back from the airstream than later designs .

The fact that the spray cones on some EV14s can be 50 odd degrees means it ain't gonna work if its sitting back in a reasonably narrow passage

If you fit extended nose EV14s in the place of standard tip EV14s it extends the tip 13mm further into the manifold .

Also for the record there is what we call a 3/4 length extended tip EV14 that is a replacement Porka 997 injector . From memory they're about 630cc/min twin spray and the part number 0280 158 123 . A bit more expensive than most off the shelf EV14s .

A .

Edited by discopotato03

Conviently a mate had a 26 runner set lying around in their shed during a BBQ this weekend, I suspect that that could be an issue: the injector hole down to the runner is a decent length, almost an inch by the look.
The delphi ones i have seem to have the actual pintle even further back than the o ring seal

Conviently a mate had a 26 runner set lying around in their shed during a BBQ this weekend, I suspect that that could be an issue: the injector hole down to the runner is a decent length, almost an inch by the look.
The delphi ones i have seem to have the actual pintle even further back than the o ring seal
So you think the extended tips would work well in the 26 manifold?

It depends really. Nissan didn't run one OEM after all, there's probably a reason for that; I'd worry you might end up spraying a lot of fuel into the bottom of the intake runner with an extended tip one. Then again it might have a different flow pattern. I think there's a lot of different variables and its really going to be hard to figure out what the best option is.

There's probably some sort of optimum flow vs spray angle vs pressure distance up the tube you want your tip plus also accounting for high revs vs lower revs. To be but figuring it out without a flow bench or CFD is probably going to be veeeeery hard.

Save me starting a new thread i'll ask in here...

Which injectors would you guys recommend keeping in mind that i want my engine bay looking as 'Standard' as possible...

Chasing up to 400rwkw's on E85...

Fits standard RB26 fuel rail without mods (and don't want to run a FPR)

Want to run that at around 80-85% duty cycle...

Edited by mr_rbman

I'm confused about that 10.5 vs 11mm thing. most injectors advertised for rb26 are 11mm i thought?

Pretty sure my delphi's are, though they're in a raceworks rail now with the 14-to-11mm reducers in it. Figure i'll just buy 11mm injectors instead of messing around with removing the reducers, or am i going to end up with 10.5mm injectors if i buy ones to fit rb26? 

On 26/01/2018 at 4:40 PM, iruvyouskyrine said:

0280158040.jpg

NZEFI offer them with either 10.5 (factory Nissan) or 11mm and 14mm top hats and with the correct Nissan "square seal" on the lower caps......even a ballast resistor delete plug.

http://www.nzefi.com/product/nissan-rb-1000ccmin-top-feed-direct-fit-fuel-injector-kit/

On 2/3/2018 at 2:35 PM, sneakey pete said:

I'm confused about that 10.5 vs 11mm thing. most injectors advertised for rb26 are 11mm i thought?

Pretty sure my delphi's are, though they're in a raceworks rail now with the 14-to-11mm reducers in it. Figure i'll just buy 11mm injectors instead of messing around with removing the reducers, or am i going to end up with 10.5mm injectors if i buy ones to fit rb26? 

Currently have 11mm injectors inside the standard rail, it's tight but a little lube gets them in there no dramas...

I was told to drill originally and ruined a fuel rail so didn't wanna do that a second time round...

Edit: http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/bosch-fuel-injector-package-standard-type-nissan-skyline-rb26dett-with-factory-fuel-rail-p-1127.html

These ones look like they should suit my requirements?!?

Edited by mr_rbman