SAU Community

Brake lights won’t turn off

Hey it’s so I was on my way to work this morning and on break I noticed mY break lights were on so I tried turning my lots off which they already were Off, I tried turning my car on and off same as my lights and it still didn’t turn off, I then checked to see if the pin was good and it was all goods can someone help how I can fix this ? Cheers 

3 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

What pin?

Normally the switch on the brake pedal causes it. Check out with a multi meter 

It’s the one that has the little rubber part on the end of it and a clip going through it but that’s fine, however I can’t seem to pull the switch out is there clips holding it in? 

The switch for the brake pedal just has a plastic nut holding it on from memory?

That will be your issue. I had the part that reacts on the switch fall off mine once so was an easy fix but sounds like yours might be the switch itself

2 hours ago, 89CAL said:

The switch for the brake pedal just has a plastic nut holding it on from memory?

That will be your issue. I had the part that reacts on the switch fall off mine once so was an easy fix but sounds like yours might be the switch itself

Yeah man that’s what I’ve narrowed it down to, just so such a tight fit to get too 

5 hours ago, 89CAL said:

I’ve found the problem it’s the little black stopper that has fallen off 

• 2 months later...

This happened to me last night. Luckily looked in my garage before going to bed, pulled the fuse so it didn't drain the battery.

Attached images for others if it happens to you. (Part number suits a 95 R33 gtst)

Surprisingly cheap part from nissan spares. Taarks was slightly cheaper (but out of stock)

20180405_083536.jpg

20180405_100531.jpg