SAU Community

34neo head

Adz2332

Hi

quick and easy.

I have a r33 series 2. i was going to use the head and put it on a rb30 bottom.

BUt a neo r34 head has come up already on a 30. will all my bolt ons work with the neo head thats on my 25 already? ie 6boost, plazamanan plemium etc etc?

Or would i have to use my 25 head for it to work?

Hot and cold sides swap.  Neo stuff is better....certainly the Neo inlet suits the Neo head ports better.  But they do swap.

You do want to be careful that the 30/25 Neo has been built correctly.  Right piston choice, etc.  Mistakes have been made by others that result in stupid compression ratios.

R33 Plaz plenum won't fit the NEO lower section of the Intake Manifold - however just did what I did and move the entire R33 intake plenum over.

Your VCT plug will also need to be replaced, and the CAS will need to be re-pinned in reverse order if you're going from metal CAS to plastic CAS. If your car already had a plastic CAS (1997 and 1998 R33s) then no need to do anything.

Agree with all that Dose Pipe says except the 33 inlet port size is way bigger than neo port , neo use smaller longer runners than R33 and I used the cas plug from a metal cas, just repinned it. Must use neo vct solenoid  R33 is very different.