SAU Community

R34 DE+T with R33 gearbox, R34 auto loom - speedo?

Pr0x1mity

Hey guys!

So I have a GTV that has an auto loom. It's been converted to manual with an R33 GTST gearbox (working great)  but no speedo!

Stock R33 Speedo drive on the gearbox - How do I go about getting a working speedo with this loom?

Now - the ECU is an R34 GTT Nistune as the car is DE+T

Any ideas?

It's actually fairly tricky to find. I had to change the sensor and the auto loom has two things labelled as "Speed sensor"

The one you want ISNT the one that is grey and shielded. Checking the loom is the way to go. If you still have the gearbox I actually looked at the plugs on the auto to figure it out and then joined the R33 speed sensor into those. I want to say they were black and brown but man I wouldn't bet on this particular response.

• 4 months later...
On 1/15/2018 at 6:44 AM, Kinkstaah said:

It's actually fairly tricky to find. I had to change the sensor and the auto loom has two things labelled as "Speed sensor"

The one you want ISNT the one that is grey and shielded. Checking the loom is the way to go. If you still have the gearbox I actually looked at the plugs on the auto to figure it out and then joined the R33 speed sensor into those. I want to say they were black and brown but man I wouldn't bet on this particular response.

I got a 25Det NEO installed in a R34 GT and lost speed signal. I checked the gearbox and found the black and brown wires that run to the speed sensor. Question is, where abouts on the cluster do I need to run this wire to? 

I have already tried running a direct wire from the brown on the speed sensor to pin 19 on the back of the cluster which didnt work. I can confirm there is nothing wrong with either the sensor or cluster so its down to a wiring issue.

Edited by 6BANGER
mistake