SAU Community

V36 Dash Lights

Hi Guys,

My 08 V36 Sedan has developed an annoying issue with the dash lights. Part of the dash had started to flicker, specifically the 7 - 8 rpm section of the tacho. I see a few people in the US have had this problem but all the threads I have read the person just had it replaced at the dealer. 

Has anyone had something similar and know how to fix it?

Cheers

I have had a few LEDs go out on the cluster of my V35, fortunately it was the driver transistors on the back of the board that had bad solder joints, otherwise I would have needed to remove the speedo/tacho needles to get to the front where the LEDs are and knowing my luck I would have either broken them, or never get them back on properly so would have an inaccurate speedo.  Either way, not a job for the faint-hearted.

Fairly unlikely to be failed LEDs, more likely a bad connector/solder joint.

Thanks for the responses guys! Hopefully it's just a bad solder instead of the LEDs dying. I did notice that the left side of the speedo is flickering now as well,sorry not as bad as the tacho tho. 

Any idea where I could get this looked at in Perth? This isn't something in willing do myself!