- Forged rods ideas?

- Pistons ideas ?

- Sump Ideas?

- Going to have the block drilled for 12mm GTR STuds

- Cams ideas? 

- Turbo maybe a garrett 35/84?

- swap or sell my plazmaman and get a neo one with stock runners

Im going to get my tuner to do some oil upgrades also

id then sell off my current injectors, fuel rail (unless it would fit the neo head? from a rb25), spitfire coils, 6 boost mani and FP HTA 3076R turbo

Id re use the exhaust, turbosmart wastegate, fuel pressure reg, link G4 computer

this sound about right?

any help and ideas would be great

I bought a modified sump from Lewis Race Engines at Callington. He takes a standard sump, adds wings on the sides and baffles around the pickup. He does it on a swap basis - you give him your sump & some money, & he gives a modified sump. This was originally on an RB25, and is now on an RB30 bottom end. I can't remember the price, but I am happy with the product.

It all sounds like serious intent.  So probably going to take a serious spend.

Sump - dry

Rods - Carillo

Pistons - SPS

Cams - Kelford

Ignition - Yaris/Audi/R35/Chev coils, crank trigger

Turbo - BW 8374 or Precision 6266 at a minimum.  Probably go up to a 9180 or 6466.

Head studs I would go to 1/2 inch.

The focus of the build would be airflow, and reliability of fuel, oil, ignition, and cooling systems IMO.

2 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

It all sounds like serious intent.  So probably going to take a serious spend.

Sump - dry

Rods - Carillo

Pistons - SPS

Cams - Kelford

Ignition - Yaris/Audi/R35/Chev coils, crank trigger

Turbo - BW 8374 or Precision 6266 at a minimum.  Probably go up to a 9180 or 6466.

Head studs I would go to 1/2 inch.

The focus of the build would be airflow, and reliability of fuel, oil, ignition, and cooling systems IMO.

cheers! yer im not going to skimp on it. ive been looking at the yaris coils for the neo. its an interesting read for sure. 

Make sure you source the Yaris coils yourself, as the "kit" ones often come with generic Yaris coils..
Buy the loom/bracket, but better off getting brand new coils from Toyota OR remove them from a wrecked Yaris.

Sump wise, just get an ASR one - great quality and you have options for trap doors/baffles. I had one made up specifically for my AWD NEO motor to fit a RWD R33. They provided a brand new pick up, and welded up the sump too suit.

If you're injectors are 3/4~1/2 height (without the extensions) then you can re-use it on the NEO intake manifold without any fancy injector bosses.

I suggest you get a decent oil pump OR alternatively get billet gears by Spool to suit the pump.

22 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Make sure you source the Yaris coils yourself, as the "kit" ones often come with generic Yaris coils..
Buy the loom/bracket, but better off getting brand new coils from Toyota OR remove them from a wrecked Yaris.

Sump wise, just get an ASR one - great quality and you have options for trap doors/baffles. I had one made up specifically for my AWD NEO motor to fit a RWD R33. They provided a brand new pick up, and welded up the sump too suit.

If you're injectors are 3/4~1/2 height (without the extensions) then you can re-use it on the NEO intake manifold without any fancy injector bosses.

I suggest you get a decent oil pump OR alternatively get billet gears by Spool to suit the pump.

ah true! was looking at a few kits. ill get it all separate then. is there a model number or anything i should look for?

Yaris coils or the ones from the ZZ motors in hot Corollas (& Celicas).  They vary in some small details, like which way the plugs point.  The right ones to get are the ones with the plugs horizontal, not angled up.

Make sure they are Denso.  Genuine Denso.

• Like 1

Yaris coils or the ones from the ZZ motors in hot Corollas (& Celicas).  They vary in some small details, like which way the plugs point.  The right ones to get are the ones with the plugs horizontal, not angled up.
Make sure they are Denso.  Genuine Denso.
Hi sorry to hijack but ive never heard of using yaris coil packs. Why so?

51 minutes ago, allthewaytotheskyline said:

Hi sorry to hijack but ive never heard of using yaris coil packs. Why so?

They make silly amounts of spark and don't have issues like LS truck coils which at times like to fire early when you add the wrong dwell which can lead to you taking out a motor.

Also who wants LS parts on their motor? Haha

• Like 1

Why the 1/2” head studs? I have read that some don’t like to do that to the RB30 block as they weren’t made for that size, and possible warping of the deck with meat taken out around the threads. So the alternative is ARP RB25 studs, why not do this since the block AND head are made for that size (you are running an RB25 not RB26 head). Just curious, I’m no expert.

Would love to go 3.0 under my neo det head!!!