SAU Community

Installing 6 boost and gtx3076 rb25 - braided lines

Eager

So I’m gathering up bits to help the install of my parts

im fitting top mounted 3076r gen2 to a 6 boost, v band setup, rb25 neo

has anyone used this kit for lines ? Or could they possibly advise on what I need, or lengths required

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAMBA-For-NISSAN-RB20DET-RB25DET-Turbo-Oil-Water-Line-Garrett-GTX3076R-Top-Mount/192419511661?hash=item2ccd18bd6d:g:MiAAAOSwcj1Z9huv

or am I better specifying the lengths to a hose supply shop and making them fit. I gather from Garrett website I need a 1mm restrictor, 4an oil feed, oil drain large enough to freely flow but it doesn’t tell me what size water pipes to use?

cheers

Edited by Eager

And what sort of fittings do the lines need on the ends ? Banjo for water in and water out? M10 ? I know the water return end needs a special fitting to fit behind the head

is oil feed from the block banjo too? I know it’s screw in fitting on the turbo  

Echoing what's above, I used a mamba/kinugawa kit back a couple of years ago now and it "worked" but wasn't the best. While it didn't leak or really let me down, the lengths didn't really match up with my setup which made it a bit of a messy install.

+1 for buying your own fittings and lines. It's cheaper, generally easier, and you can pick the fittings/colours if you're into that too.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 8:02 PM, Eager said:

And what sort of fittings do the lines need on the ends ? Banjo for water in and water out? M10 ? I know the water return end needs a special fitting to fit behind the head

is oil feed from the block banjo too? I know it’s screw in fitting on the turbo  

Whatever you want, whatever fits. Lot of people use thread to -an adaptors out of the block, I used a banjo one for the oil feed on my block because my manifold was in the way. Was going to use banjos' on my turbo core but wouldn't work with the plugs in the way, etc.

Used 200 series -6 for water lines made it up myself at home, same for oil feed but in -4. Pretty easy to cut and assemble in the shed.

Edit: also, water return: it returns both behind the head and infront of it to the radiator return. I and a lot of people have just not bothered to reconnect the one behind the head. Not sure how exactly it returns on Non 26 heads, but for the 26 coolant elbow you can take out the existing tube fitting, tap it with a M10 thread and install a M10 to -6 adaptor which looks really neat.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Is there a nicer method of water return on the rb25 ?

i know the fixed rigid pipe runs into a rubber hose behind the head, just do the same ? With a braided hose and a barb type fitting ? Or what’s the method when doing a whole new turbo install 

other lines I’m ok with