SAU Community

GTS-R Exhaust manifold - turbo options.

So the question I want to ask is who here runs a GTS-R manifold on a RB25 ? What turbo do you run, supporting mods ?

I have a GTS-R manifold thinking about putting it on my R34 Neo RB25.

I know its a big investment for not so much gains ( could be spent elsewhere ) but I just love the sound.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate,

The simplest way would be to source the standard T04 used on the GTS-R and the intercooler piping.  Although the turbo is a laggy old-school design, it will be a bit less laggy on an RB25.  If you are to go down the aftermarket turbo route, you will need to fabricate lots of stuff.  The manifold places the turbo on an odd angle, so both the intake and exhaust pipings will need to be fabricated, and probably changes to the water and oil feeds.  The compressor housing will need to be rotated.  Not trying to put you off, just show it isn't the simplest of jobs.

I put an aftermarket turbo on my GTS-R and had to get all the fab work done.

As far as sound goes, I found that the manifold didn't howl as much as first thought, but once I dropped some Tomei poncams in it, it wailed like a banshee.  Having said that, I have been in cars with cams and 6boost manifolds and the sound is very similar.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your reply datberger......

Do you have any pictures of your fab ?

I also have an aftermarket dump pipe (short) to suit.

I measured the turbo side mounting plate on the manifold from what I have its a T3 which I though was different from the T04 ?

What aftermarket turbo did you run ?

Cheers.

Edited by BTR34Scotty

Hey mate,

I'll try to dig up some photos of the fab work for you.  I put on a Garrett GT 2860R, basically the disco potato turbo that the silvia guys use, but with a T3 .63 exhaust housing.  It is good for about 300whp.  Too small for an RB25, but comes on boost about a 1000rpm earlier than the stock T04e on my RB20.

And yes, it is a T3 mounting plate on the manifold, as the stock GTS-R exhaust housing has a T3 exhaust housing mount.