SAU Community

R34 xenon lights

elle

Could someone please help me out with what I need to replace these headlight globes, I’m getting so confused over what’s actually in it

93ADD383-495D-4931-B385-0696853FE26D.jpeg

8E0FFC64-4A8E-47D8-AA1D-BD85BC19EDE8.jpeg

BBC13349-BE6E-42C3-9730-D40781BACA39.jpeg

E8125AEB-2573-443D-8EF7-D79A08168F53.jpeg

Edited by elle
correct wording

The bulb above is the high beam 9011/HIR1 halogen bulb. The big bowl design has been superseded by Philip's replacement 9011. If you want, you can get the original bulb design with this Toyota Bulb: 90981-13066.

For the low beam, you twist that 'high voltage' plug off, then unclip it. It should tell you what the bulb is on the base (D2R).

Thankyou so much for the info, I still haven’t pulled the one out that you said was a d2r bulb cause it a pain and I have to take the bar off so I wanted to wait till I had the globes I needed, are they all the same as Long as they say d2r or is there something else I need to know when buying them like something specific for the car model.. sorry for the dumb questions..

No problem, happy to help. Just ignore the eBay/LED idiot crowd.

While I'm talking about eBay, there are tons of fake (read >90%) Philips and Osram bulbs on there. They are very (visually) good copies but their quality control are trash, so be careful. Which is why I buy from powerbulb, I know I'll get genuine and their prices are good (with frequent discount codes).

• 2 months later...
On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, niZmO_Man said:

No problem, happy to help. Just ignore the eBay/LED idiot crowd

Ouch, I hope you mean the 'other' idiots, I had a pretty solid supply of the D2R's :(