SAU Community

M35 - Think My speed sensor is toast

malialipali

Hi All,

Just a quick sanity check  if I'm diagnosing this right. 

Speedo needle appears to be working as normal up until 90 km/h  above that it gets "stuck" at 100 km/h even though I'm accelerating , it will then jump and  get stuck at 110km/h. Accelerating past 110 ( on a private road) it will be stuck on 110 and then jump to indicate the right speed. Slowing down the needle once again gets stuck at 110 , 100 and 90. Below 90 it functions normal. 

Once and only once , with the shifter in manual mode it did not react to gear changes. Turning the car off and back on after 10 seconds and everything went back to normal. 

The trans shifting feels weird at times, seems to coincide with the erratic needle. It will hold on to a gear far longer or far shorter than normal. 

I think the speed sender on the trans is toast? Or am I barking up the wrong tree. I did open the cluster 12+ months ago to fix a broken pcb trace. Cluster has worked fine since , the needle started being erratic about 6 weeks ago and is progressively getting worse. 

From my searches the speed sender/transducer is  P/N 32707-AA100 same thing as a D40 navara, N16 pulsar, R32 skyline. Which seems to be $200+ here in Aus, and $15USD + delivery from anywhere else.  Has anyone had to replace theirs? Is that the right part number? 

EDIT: No check-engine light or warnings at all from the car. No stored codes either. 

Thank you all . 

Edited by malialipali

• 4 weeks later...