SAU Community

140A alternators kit for rbs

rat32r

Hello Andrew,
Maybe really dumb Q but will extra electrical output overload stock spec fuses?
What else will I need to upgrade to run uprated alternator safely?
Thanks mate. 

Personally I would run a new 8g line from alternator to battery as the factory alternator reliability issues with the connection at the main fuse block

As for pics and specs it all with my cnc man, once he is finished I will post up.
  • Like 1

I would be 1000% down for this if i had not already commited to an ard one. The place i bought it from (pm me if you want to know) has been taking the piss really. I ordered it in November. Delays... delays... i bet it will be late at the end of this month also...

Interested.  I'd also be interested if you have any options with higher output (150+)

You can get 150A,160A,180A,220A alternators from USA market is huge for ls engines and accessories. I saw last night 220A Alternators for $200 usd new. All you'll need is my mounting kit and your ready to roll.

I’m interested in one of the mounting brackets how much? And can they be bolted on to an rb26?

Yes they work on rb26
Just negotiating price with machinist to get a better price for everyone.
  • Like 1

The sense wire and idiot light connection is the same as factory so it plugs straight in. The power/ charge line need a bigger eyelet ring terminal fitted which is supplied or you can drill out the factory ring terminal eyelet to suit.

Picked up my alternator kit from Rat32r yesterday. Was a pleasure doing business. I can say to anyone thinking of getting one, he was honest, knowledgeable and true to his word. The product looks the goods.
I will report back once it’s fitted to my car.
Again, thank you mate.
Here is the photos you f it out of the car for anyone interested.
IMG_6459.jpg
IMG_6460.jpg
IMG_6461.jpg
IMG_6462.jpg

• Like 1